Mot

Guest Billum

Guest Billum

Hi All I had my 2B registerd in january 2009 just been to get it taxed today but they said it neded an MOT, I was under the impresion that after SVA you got 3 years before mot Have any of you had this thanks for any info Bill

Guest MarkB

there has been afew cases of this and besides getting an MOT i do not think there is a way round it, although to be fair i don't think any kit car should be given 3years without a test.

Guest chris brown

Did you get it MoT'd prior to SVA? If so then yes it does need one as once a car has had a MoT it need's one annually. If it didn’t have one but just the SVA then it shouldn’t need one until the 3rd year. Well that’s the way I understand the system.

Guest Billum
Did you get it MoT'd prior to SVA? If so then yes it does need one as once a car has had a MoT it need's one annually. If it didn’t have one but just the SVA then it shouldn’t need one until the 3rd year. Well that’s the way I understand the system.

No I did not have it MOT'd before SVA

Guest petespine

All depends on where you live, i registered mine at Preston, some people did not need an m.o.t for 3 years where they registered there`s, i had to m.o.t. mine year after s.v.a and i diden`t m.o.t it before,

Guest bone

hi just had mine re taxed this year on sataday to be right . any way you dont need mot as it is a new car forgetting age related of plate take log book and insurance and i also tookin vosa s pass cert as well wich had date of manufacter 2009 .as well you need mot any time before the date it was tested wich 2012 like mine .this answer comes from me and i phoned swansea up for this so not just saying it hope this helps

Guest martynr

Hi

From my own personal experience it seems to be how the car is detailed on the Reg doc. If it states that this car has "been built with some parts that may not be new", then you are out of luck and its an MOT after year 1. I was informed the opposite when i purchased mine, it was regestered March 09, the RFL ran out end of March 2010 and when the reminder arrived it required an MOT. I checked up on this because of what i was told and the answer i was given was that the car was not built with new or fully reconditions parts. So although it was built with parts from a predetermined donor an age related plate was issued and the reg doc shows it as a 2009 model build it still attracted an MOT. VOSA or DVLA do not appear to work together and as such inconsistancies exisit in the system, it appears a post code lottery exisits as the extent of new parts or visual condition seems to vary.

I believe there have been a number of past postings on this subject.

Guest jusycom

I had same problem with mine , sva in april 2009 , 6 months later when tax ran out got reminder stating that it needed mot, so put it on sorn , i taxed it last month at post office without mot there is a form you can get at main po branches to say you dont need an mot to get the tax , and if all else failes and it flags up on anpr just carry all docs with you to prove it was built 2009 and get the poilce to contact vosa . i rang vosa before taxing and they said 3 years, but also rang dvla and they didnt have a clue but told me about the form. cheers justin.

Guest martynr
I had same problem with mine , sva in april 2009 , 6 months later when tax ran out got reminder stating that it needed mot, so put it on sorn , i taxed it last month at post office without mot there is a form you can get at main po branches to say you dont need an mot to get the tax , and if all else failes and it flags up on anpr just carry all docs with you to prove it was built 2009 and get the poilce to contact vosa . i rang vosa before taxing and they said 3 years, but also rang dvla and they didnt have a clue but told me about the form. cheers justin.

if what you say here is correct then it may well be useful for other members in the same posistion to have the form detailed on the posting. If it is an official PO document or one issued by the DVLA then it will have an id number on it. I am sure many would welcome a heads up as to what the document is.

I went to the Post Office just before April 1st to get my Tax Disc.

My car's age related and passed SVA 4th May 2007 - Registered 21st May 2007.

The nice lady behind the counter said she wanted to see the MOT.

"It doesn't need one" I said politely.

She looked at me, looked at the V5 and said...... mmmm.... OK.... and I walked out with my Tax Disc.

Guest mikea

On a related issue .. has anyone had their insurance documents questioned. Post Office will not accept photocopies or laser printed insurance documents. Flux only sends out documents by e-mail !!. Local Post Office refused to tax it.

In the end taxed it on line.

Guest Colin
Hi

From my own personal experience it seems to be how the car is detailed on the Reg doc. If it states that this car has "been built with some parts that may not be new", then you are out of luck and its an MOT after year 1. I was informed the opposite when i purchased mine, it was regestered March 09, the RFL ran out end of March 2010 and when the reminder arrived it required an MOT. I checked up on this because of what i was told and the answer i was given was that the car was not built with new or fully reconditions parts. So although it was built with parts from a predetermined donor an age related plate was issued and the reg doc shows it as a 2009 model build it still attracted an MOT. VOSA or DVLA do not appear to work together and as such inconsistancies exisit in the system, it appears a post code lottery exisits as the extent of new parts or visual condition seems to vary.

I believe there have been a number of past postings on this subject.

My motor was first registered in March 2008 and taxed, on the Special Notes part it says , Rebuilt- Assembled from parts some or all of which were not new, just taxed it again in April and it states on the V11 that my first MOT is not untill 2011,so it seems that there is a difference so could be a post code lottery, Good old Yorkshire.

Cheers

Colin

Guest Billum
On a related issue .. has anyone had their insurance documents questioned. Post Office will not accept photocopies or laser printed insurance documents. Flux only sends out documents by e-mail !!. Local Post Office refused to tax it.

In the end taxed it on line.

Hi All been on to DVLA today after beeing pased to 4 diferent departments, First one said I didnot need a MOT untill jan 2011 But pased me onto tax by phone, Said they could not do it required an MOT I said what about form V112 Said did not know Passed me on to another dept, The said think that form is for Tractors and such but passed me on to MOT dept Tey said you need an mot what about form V112 they said you can fill in the form and take it to the Post Office and the may give you a Tax Disc but when the disc is scaned into the main computer if it is picked up You May be sumonds for fraud and Tax disc will be revoked and you will not get a refund, so sod it I will get it MOT'd Bill