Ebay Madness

speedtripledan

I think some people must be mad on ebay i was watching a 2nd hand fr32 kent cam and followers asked the millage and if there was wear to the lobes response was slight pitting to some of the lobes the cam new on its own is about £147 the complete kit is approx £240 it sold for £187 ??

You remember i said that my Discovery had a blown engine due to oil pump failure??

1999 S reg, 93k, good to average condition, engine ran but sounded bad...... really really bad.

It sold on Ebay for £3000.... yep 3k..... you could of knocked me over with a feather!!

Back to your topic, a mate of mine is the main Piper dealer for this area if your interested?

Nick.

I think Ebay is great I was going to order some odds and sods for the car through CBS (good company) but then had a quick search on Ebay found a lot of bits and saved £58.

Always worth looking.

I think Ebay is great I was going to order some odds and sods for the car through CBS (good company) but then had a quick search on Ebay found a lot of bits and saved £58.

Always worth looking.

I get loads of bits on there but not before cross referencing the price some people pay nearly new prices for 2nd hand

Guest Stuartl

I get loads of bits on there but not before cross referencing the price some people pay nearly new prices for 2nd hand

Ebay has become a great place to sell (albeit rather expensive these days) but often not such a good place to buy. The exposure that it gets means the bargains are becoming few and far between in some categories. I have been looking for a secondhand 'hood but the prices on there seem a little high so I will be looking elsewhere.

We sold our Mondeo on ebay (auction not buy it now)last week for £500 above book price for a private sale. Couldn't believe it. Easy transaction as well with no issues, and positive feedback received. 2 bidders came out to see it, had a good drive out and then battled with each other.

OK it was a very honest car, full history, no problems and a Ghia X so loaded with equipment but in the end we got £1600 more than the trade in offer. Well pleased as you can imagine but not sure I'd buy one for more than others at trade outlets privately.