Fuel Lines

MarkBzero

Hi All,

Just about to order fuel lines, so many to choose from. Can you please advise in your opinion which type of fuel line I should use?

Plastic, Copper, Rubber, Stainless steel overbraid

Also what is the ideal gap between p clips?

Cheers :good:

Guest dinger

Hi Mark,

I have used 8mm copper tube for the fuel lines that run through the tunnel, I have a lowered floor on my zero so i ran these allong the middle of the underneath, The bit between the lower floor pans, I done this because of the lack of safe space in the tunnel next to the prop,

Fuel lines from tank to pulse pump I have used 8mm cloth overbraded hose as there is no pressure there, And ftom the swirrl pot to high pressure pump, then along to the copper fuel lines I have used 8mm stainles steel braid fuel line as it is high pressure, return lines are cloth braided,

The stainless steel braided lines are very expensive so to minimoze the cost it was only placed where high pressure would be, Oh and where fuel lines would be seen,

If your running bike carbs then stainless steel braided is not needed as fuel pressure is not that high, visually it looks better though,

Hope that helps

Dave

Hi All,

Just about to order fuel lines, so many to choose from. Can you please advise in your opinion which type of fuel line I should use?

Plastic, Copper, Rubber, Stainless steel overbraid

Also what is the ideal gap between p clips?

Cheers :good:

Hi Mark,

I've run 10mm Rubber front to rear complete. One piece of pipe from pump to regulator.

In my book, the fewer joints the better mate.

If using rubber, ensure it's BS marked or equivalent.

As for P clips, i made my own using strips of alloy and industrial grade heatshrink.

Spacing as been done at 150mm (6") (Alan.... 152.4mm.... couldn't resist! lol)

HTH,

Nick.