Windscreen Height

Guest Markeoz

Guest Markeoz

Is it possible to fit a taller windscreen to a S7? The reason I ask is that I'm just about to fit new seats and even without seat runners, when fitted my eyeline is just at the top of the windscreen. The seats are from GBS and I would like to fit seat runners preferably which will raise the seat by about 20mm I'm told. Has anyone come across this problem?

I have runners fitted to my seat and I am also tall so I had the same problem as you. I raised the windscreen by extending the supports and then made a panel to cover the gap between the bottom of the windscreen and the scuttle.

post-347-127481626002_thumb.jpg

Guest Ian & Carole

nicko http://www.rhocar.org/index.php?showuser=1235 member from Sheffield has a 3" i think taller screen fitted to his 2b.

If you open the link you will see a pic.

It will also give you more head room with wet weather gear fitted.

Any decent double glazing firm will cut you a piece of laminated glass to a template, mine cost £10.00.

HTHs

Hi, my screen is 65mm taller than standard. I made a larger template using the standard glass, and got a local glass firm to cut it in 6mm(ish) laminate. You will need a new frame to go this route. I made mine taller to start with, and found the maximum I could go with the frame I had was 65mm. If I did it again I'd go for 55mm (to make doors fit better) and taller screen pillars.

Nick

Guest Markeoz

Cheers for the replies and ideas. Thats the best thing about this site,someone has always come across and overcome the problems you come up against.

Guest smartfazer

Cheers for the replies and ideas. Thats the best thing about this site,someone has always come across and overcome the problems you come up against.

Not only is it good that someone has dealt with a problem. It's great that they are prepared to critique their own design and suggest a modification :good:

Steve

Guest scudoman

I just bought new seats for my S7, the old ones were ok for height but I had to take the seat apart and cut 1 1/2 inches off the foam base of the seat to make it the same height!!......but it worked and is still comfortable.

TONY