Zero - Engine

Guest beaker

Guest beaker

Hi Guys and Gals

Can anyone give me some pointers. Has anyone ever fitted a Honda engine/gearbox to a Zero - I heard somewhere someone's used an S2000 engine?. As im thinking of building one, and can get hold of Honda components easier than I can Ford ones.

Any links or advice appreciated as just checking what can/can't be done easily before I take the plunge.

Cheers

Guest marsbar

All things are possible but the Honda engine turns the opposite way to a ford or normal engine which would mean you would have to use a Honda dif.

When I was at Stoneleigh I met a lad that who was in the Rhocar tent has started building a Hood with a S2000 engine I am sure he will pop up on this forum if you ask about.

One thing it will be "Bloody Quick"

Good Luck

Steve

Guest jusycom

Hi , Chris aka (GETTING THERE) is building one with s2000 engine and 6 speed box , but gbs modded chassis to fit engine and box, have a search for him on members section i am sure he will tell you what you need to know. ta justin.

Guest Getting There

Hi

I have begun building a Zero with the Honda S2000 engine and gearbox. GBS were brilliant and I dropped off the engine parts and the chassis and engine mounts were made to suit. The prop shaft came from Bailey Morris and was on next day delivery. If you want give me a call; I have sent a PM to your inbox on here.

Many Thanks

Chris