Selecting Gauges

Guest Logix_00

Guest Logix_00

I want to install new gagues into my hood coz atm all it has is the dash out of the donner car and I wanna make her look a bit posher. I found these MGB set of gauges ebay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MGB-GT-SET-GAUGES-REV-SPEEDO-CLOCK-ETC-KITCAR-/280524927354?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item415096b17a) but I dont know if they will fit? any1 know?

Or if anyone has a full set a gauges that they want to sell that would be great. Or do people know the best / cheapest place to buy gauges. Any general advice on fitting gauges would be great as well. Thanks A

Guest The Modfather

I used ETB gauges, excellent service, value for money and easy to fit.

Some people use digital dashes which are all in one units and easier to install, but generally dearer.

If the clocks are old ones be aware that they may be worn and give false readings.

Guest mower man

I want to install new gagues into my hood coz atm all it has is the dash out of the donner car and I wanna make her look a bit posher. I found these MGB set of gauges ebay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MGB-GT-SET-GAUGES-REV-SPEEDO-CLOCK-ETC-KITCAR-/280524927354?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item415096b17a) but I dont know if they will fit? any1 know?

Or if anyone has a full set a gauges that they want to sell that would be great. Or do people know the best / cheapest place to buy gauges. Any general advice on fitting gauges would be great as well. Thanks A

Lots of hood's have used ETB gauges inc myself vgood kit and if you put up with a mech speedo v keenly priced cica 225 quid for a nice 5 gauge set tech back up is good too HTH allways buy the most exp kit you can only just afford I know thro exp mower man :crazy: :yahoo:

Guest robinj66

For some bizarre reason I decided to have a mixture of digital dash and old (Smiths) analogue dials. Not to everyone's taste but does the job for me ( and was cheap :pardon: )

The digital dash is the Vapor unit ( around £70 ish) and the dials were Ebay finds.

One thing to consider is that you need the correct sender units for the dials and gauges you use.

Certainly for ease of fitment and supply, I agree with other comments about ETB - I have a set in my other car

Guest Stuartl

I agree with the above posts and will be going for a set of ETB Gauges. (They have gone up form £199 to £249 now but still look good value). At the risk of upsetting people with Sierra Clocks I know that some are done very well but I still think they detract so much from a car. I have said it so many times and will say it again that people spend hundreds of hours on their cars then opt for about 2 hours worth of dash work. My car will be sporting traditional gauges asap!

Guest Logix_00

I agree with the above posts and will be going for a set of ETB Gauges. (They have gone up form £199 to £249 now but still look good value). At the risk of upsetting people with Sierra Clocks I know that some are done very well but I still think they detract so much from a car. I have said it so many times and will say it again that people spend hundreds of hours on their cars then opt for about 2 hours worth of dash work. My car will be sporting traditional gauges asap!

I aggree with u, I didn;t build the hood I have but the body work and engine are great but when it came to the dash it seems like they just plonked in the dash from the donor seams such a shame.

Guest The Modfather

I aggree with u, I didn;t build the hood I have but the body work and engine are great but when it came to the dash it seems like they just plonked in the dash from the donor seams such a shame.

If you can find my previous posts re the dash build in the Electrics forum, you'll see what I done with my dash. Like you, my car was already built, but the dash was absolute pants. I'm now really pleased with my dash, and glad I spent the time doing it.

Guest dinger

This part of my kit has been giving me greif for some time now as I'd like to keep the classic look of the needle gauges ETB do but would like to bring the car into modern times with a digital dash, I could find really modern classic style gauges for fuel,water,revs and pressures but couldnt find a matching speedo,

Until today,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Here is what I found..

Glow shift

They do all that is required including a matching speedo in MPH with odometer and trip. I'l going to email them to see if a deal can be done for 6 gauges in total.

will let you know how I get on.