Collection Day

MarkBzero

At long last after many years of dreaming the day has come. On Wednesday I will be collecting my Zero 2468 kit with a few extra's- seats, stainless panels, lowered floor and powder coated chassis. No doubt I will see some other goodies in the showroom (don't tell the wife). My dad is going to travel 140 miles to my house then the 2 1/2 hour drive to GBS to help I think he is trying to gain a bit of his youth back!

:yahoo: :rofl: :) :clapping: at last....

Mark

Guest Stuartl

At long last after many years of dreaming the day has come. On Wednesday I will be collecting my Zero 2468 kit with a few extra's- seats, stainless panels, lowered floor and powder coated chassis. No doubt I will see some other goodies in the showroom (don't tell the wife). My dad is going to travel 140 miles to my house then the 2 1/2 hour drive to GBS to help I think he is trying to gain a bit of his youth back!

:yahoo: :rofl: :) :clapping: at last....

Mark

Great stuff! :D :D

Take a photo of the wife in the garage to remind you how young she looked when you last saw her!! :rolleyes:

Guest gixerboy600

Hi Mark,

Enjoy the moment!!!! Glean all the info you can, you will forget it all when you get the baby home!!!!

Enjoy the build, good and not so good (I mean the wife nagging)

Welcome to the club of the Zero Builder

Cheers

John

Guest Sharky

Welcome to the madhouse matey! :crazy: I agree with Stu - there are bound to be changes in the family dynamics between now and finishing! :D Comments like "b**ger off back in your garage instead of sulking!" or "what time will you be finishing? Do you think you will be out of there by bedtime tonight" and of course the immortal, "Are you planning on spending ANY time at all with me this week?!" will be all too commonplace me-thinks!

I spoke with Keith at GBS last week and allegedly there is a new manual with the new kits, let us know what you think of it! B) Any probs revert to the alternative manual .... ask on here!

Welcome and all the best, the Zero is an enjoyable build (some minor frustrations) and our ranks are rapidly swelling.

Best advice, measure three times, think twice, cut once!

Regards

Sharky

Well it was a good day at GBS collecting the kit. Welcomed with a cup of coffee, Richard and crew was very helpful. In the workshop the mechanics answered a few questions about the build. They have not finished the new build manual yet - work in progress. Nose cone and one rear arch on back order due to the gel coat I'll pick them up at Stafford show.

All in the garage now - where do you store everything?

Be prepared for the bombardment of questions.

Do I start a blog, website or use photobucket?

Regards

Mark

Great stuff Mark, i bet your like a kid at christmas... i was! lol.

Measure twice cut once rule is a waste of time, i prefer measure twice, then twice more, then cut it oversize to check!

With regard to pics, progress etc, i use photobucket. It's really quick to upload multiple full size pics and you get good bandwidth to boot.

Welcome to the Zero builders bandwagon. :hi:

Guest AndyJW

I would be VERY interested in seeing the new manual compared to the old one. Well I say old one, just a cd with a few pictures of other people's build rather than a build manual. Does not actually tell you anything about "how" to build :wacko:

Enjoy it, Im only just getting to grips with mine ans spending time in the garage :yahoo:

Guest gixerboy600

I would be VERY interested in seeing the new manual compared to the old one. Well I say old one, just a cd with a few pictures of other people's build rather than a build manual. Does not actually tell you anything about "how" to build :wacko:

Enjoy it, Im only just getting to grips with mine ans spending time in the garage :yahoo:

Apparently the new build manual will be exploded diagrams of each part of the car so should be a whole load more useful than before!!

Cheers

John

Guest Stuartl

Well it was a good day at GBS collecting the kit. Welcomed with a cup of coffee, Richard and crew was very helpful. In the workshop the mechanics answered a few questions about the build. They have not finished the new build manual yet - work in progress. Nose cone and one rear arch on back order due to the gel coat I'll pick them up at Stafford show.

All in the garage now - where do you store everything?

Be prepared for the bombardment of questions.

Do I start a blog, website or use photobucket?

Regards

Mark

I use webs.com for my business website www.premierinstallations.webs.com

It is really simple, it has to be for me to use it!