Starmag Alloys

ibrooks

No photos yet as I'm just testing the water with these but I can supply photos or someone can come and look at them....

I have a set of KN Engineering Starmag alloy wheels for sale (originals, not the recent copies). They are 13"x7" alloys and are the same size/offset and whatnot as the Capri 2.8 injection "pepperpots" which means they are on the old Ford RWD offset and will sit further out from the body than a standard Sierra wheel of the same width. They currently have 205 tyres which I think are 70 profile - they are the same rolling radius as a standard Sierra wheel/tyre combination so wouldn't upset the speedo but the tyres are all very old so although they look OK at first glance I wouldn't trust them for anything other than rolling the car around. The wheels all appear to be in good order with no major kerbing marks or scuffs but they are bare alloy so a bit dull as they haven't been polished regularly - they have also been painted gold inside the dish at some point and this is coming off (a brillo/scuff pad would probably remove the rest and have them looking 10 times better).

Personally I think they look the puppy's privates on a Hood as I don't like the massive wheel and rubber band tyre look. I think they also work better as the deeper sidewall adds some give to the suspension on a road car.

Obviously being 13" they won't fit over all the Sierra brake combinations but they will be fine over the standard 240mm disc and rear drum setup that most Sierra's came with. I think they'll fit over 260mm discs but not over the standard rear discs.

I'd like £100 for these as they are a bit of a rarity.

Iain

Pictures of the wheels and various markings. It's possible from what I've been reading that that final 6 on the size is the offset but I'm not certain of that. Two of them also have larger kerbing marks than I remembered so I've taken close-ups of those marks - nothing dramatic that would stop the wheels from being used and I don't think it would be any drama for one of the wheel repair outfits to sort.

11072010345.jpg

11072010346.jpg

11072010347.jpg

11072010348.jpg

11072010349.jpg