Tan Hill 2010

Guest Ian Marr

Guest Ian Marr

Have now confirmed Theakston's for 11am.

Only got Colin down for early bird bacon butties - anyone else?

Planning a run up to Tan Hill via Settle - it's about 80 miles and a good afternoons run out. Probably a bit far to get to Settle for lunch, but could do Pateley Bridge or a village pub on the way.

I spoke to The Landlady of The Tan Hill last night. They have a Band booked for Saturday night. They were at Glastonbury and are from Newcastle. I think they may be called Lanterns on the Lake? So expect a full house. Is it OK if I bring my Ford ASBO I mean ST for a run in the Dales? Not tried it out in the hills yet.

Guest Ian Marr

They sound good - and Ally likes them :angel: - check them out on Myspace

Seeing as I have just found out we have an ASBO dog in the family and we'll be in the 'wee car' I'm sure an alternative 'performance' car will be more than welcome.

Seems like the bacon butty offer is showing limited take-up so considering staying in bed for an hour longer - final decision later this evening.

Have not heard Tim n Sue go past yet - thought I did earlier, but turned out to be a chinnock :p

Guest Ian Marr

Knocking bacon butties on the head, although Border House Cafe in the Market Place at Masham may be open and does good hot butties.

All set to meet up at 10.15 to 10.30am at the Market Cross tomorrow :friends:

Great day out Ian. Thanks for organising the Brewery trip and getting the Hoods into Theakstons car park. Enjoyed the company and the excellent roads, Jeans nerves are a bit frazled after the high speed roller coaster ride from Pately Bridge to The Tan Hill but I enjoyed every minute of it. Hats off to you Hoodies driving and building skills. Looking forward to our next trip.

Great weekend, what more can I say, apart from thanks to Ian for organising things.

Steve

Ps

And to the hoard of bikers looking for love that provided some interesting topics of conversation:give_rose:. :air_kiss: :friends: :wub:

Guest Ian Marr

Great weekend once again.

Perhaps we can do Black Sheep Brewery next year? :drinks:

Tan Hill was busier than ever and the standards are not slipping ;)

It was good to see the abuse of the customers by the manager (ASBO landlady Tracy has left the reigns in the hands of a fabulous prodigy) maintained and even beat previous customer (dis)service practice :diablo: I just hope for their own safety the three walkers who broke out of the pub at 5.30am never return. Ted Moult would turn in his grave at the anglo saxon turn of phrase the manager adopted on finding out they had smashed the fire exit glass so they could leave early. :shok: :shok: :shok:

Hope everyone got home safely.

One tip though - Sue (or should we call you 'posh bird' now?) can you leave the chainsaw at home next time please? :excl:

What date are we going for next year (Tim - calm down :friends: )

Guest Tim Norman

Firts weekend in August 2011 already on the Calendar, but as it isn't an official RHOCaR event (and never was) it probablt won't make it into the magazine. The only way the chainsaw will get left behind is if he loses about 4 stone and sleeps hanging from the rafters by his feet.:drinks:

The weekend was, as ever absolutely superb. Bobson returned 30 to the gallon on the run up to the Hotel on Friday night and that was 2 up with luggage at current popular motorway speeds! He managed slightly less on the Surday run via the rollercoasters to Tan Hill. His only casualty was a lost wiperblade, high speed and wiper action losening the rubbish blade holder and it sailed off over our heads on the A66 about 6 miles from Scotch Corner. That and the upgrade have been added to the list for next week.

The new brake discs and pads wokr a treat. I didn't swap them as all the grooves does is get rid of gas and heat and those two properties don't reallyhave enough mass to bother which way the grooves go!

See you all soon

Guest Bob's Babe

Fab weekend guys, thanks for your company and chat. The brewery tour....and obligatroy beer was good and we were very lucky with the weather, only the odd spot of wet stuff. Tan Hill was very busy but just as excentric and fun as always. :drinks:

Thanks must go to Ian for finding the longest way to drive from Patley Bridge to Tan Hill and managing to squeeze passed a coach and delivery lorry on roads no wider that our cars!!

:friends:

See you there next year

SUE :wub:

Guest Colin

Knocking bacon butties on the head, although Border House Cafe in the Market Place at Masham may be open and does good hot butties.

All set to meet up at 10.15 to 10.30am at the Market Cross tomorrow :friends:

Hi Ian , Pitty about the butties,enjoyed the day though,Brewery trip still as good as ever, perhaps we could try the Black Sheep next year they do meals as well,{I see Tim has allready got it marked down for 2011 } are you able to post the photos you took in Brewery yard under the Golden oldies banner, did they know we were comming ? anyway great day. Thank's to all.

Colin