Peaks Run Out

Mitch

Hi All,

Right whos up for a run out this Sunday, meeting on the A556 at the Little chef Nr Knutsford just off jun19 of the M6, see if we can do 4 counties in a day,

bring lunch, but im sure we can find villiage shop or tea room at lunch, and plenty of fuel for the cars,

Meet around 10-1015 for a 1030 away, so you get your lie ins too,

Mitch

Guest shaggy

Mitch

As you know, normally I would be up for it, but I suspect my pass outs for this year have been rather exceeded, and MBH has organised a family BBQ (the outlaws) so I may have to give this one a rain check.

Keith would have been up for it, but I'm not sure if he has been able to get his car started due to elec problems.

If plans change, I'll let you know.

Si

Guest kleighton

Damn, I'm in the lakes all weekend.

Hoping to get the car running tonight though, I've had it on the road for three weeks and only been out in it twice, and then it wouldn't rev over 3k and overheated (think that's sorted now though).

Defo next time.

Keith

Guest shaggy

Mitch, might be up for it now as BBQ now moved to Sat, so free on Sunday. Just need to work on the pass out.

Question is, as I have not had chance to fix the sump leak, how much oil to I need to bring? (currently using or losing about 3/4 litre per fill up)?

Si

What a fab run out, 160 miles of excellent roads, thanks steve for being red leader and showing us your local roads, and as for the Youth hostel idea, i for one am up for it,

no problems at all, well apart from the last 50 yrd coast to tesco lol !! thanks for making me do a double take at the pump ya swine !!, :spiteful:revenge is sweet, i have a pic of the furrow you left,

roll on next run,

Mitch

Guest AdrianH

Agreed a very enjoyable run out for my first with the group. I only have one question.

Where did we go and what was the route, I can not figure it out on the map?

Adrian

Duh that was two questions!

Guest laurahj

Hi Adrian,

We met near Holmes Chapel,then went to Macclesfield (Cheshire), Whaley Bridge ,Castleton then stopping at Eyam, then through Hathersage x 2 so we could hit South Yorkshire before heading back to Bakewell on the way then to Tissington where we stopped for coffee (all Derbyshire) before heading towards Ilam and then crossing the Staffordshire border to drive back to the edge of Buxton and then over the Cat and Fiddle towards Macclesfield where we all then went our separate ways, sure Steve will say I'm wrong!!

Laura

Guest shaggy

Adrian,

you are not meant to know, either in advance, or afterwards, where you have travelled through as that would be very un-phukawee!

Sorry I couldn't make the run, had a run out in the glorious lakes with er indoors. Got totally lost of course, and it was touch and go as to whether we'd find the car after rambling for 3 hours being guided only by the sun.

Keith are you organising the next run out mid Aug?

Si