Short Sump Fit On An S3a

Snapperpaul

I have ( yet again) painted my self into a corner.

The modified RS2000 pickup with Cosworth spray bar will not fit with the RS2000 sump unless I cut and weld a long recess.

The modified RS2000 pickup is not ideal for the standard short steel sump.

Looking at buying another cosworth pickup and shortening it.

After my long winded explanation, my question, the short dumps that have the extra capacity forward and not a box on the side, do this fit the S3a with it's steel sled floor?

Guest mower man

Hi is your 3a mono ? if so a sump modded to give more capacity foward of the std "bubble " will fit ,it a close thing but it does work ok I wouldn't know if itworks on a tube chassis . My own car has such a sump and I have to reccomend it ,capacity 4.5 litres which helps with cooling .I had MK mod my sump extending the bubble foward but leaving most of the orig sump in place [ a biggish slot across the width and 1/2"holes drilled in the peice that sweeps down ] as it acts as a windage plate/baffle HTH mower man :clapping: :crazy: :good:

Thanks, yes it is a Mono and I do have a short sump, the one with the extra capacity on the side, if this also hits the modified pickup then the one with the capacity at the front will allow me to make room for the pickup

Guest robinj66

Now I have got my pc working properly again, I have posted a couple of pics of my shortened sump on my S7. The engine is a Cologne V6 but not too dissimilar to yours. The sump fitted in fine and didn't even require the ARB to be moved.

Guest mower man

Morning, the sump in the last post is modded in a very similar way to my pinto sump and as said in my previous post works with no probs regards mower man :clapping: :good:

I now have a couple of bids on pickups so will have a few options, I get the feeling that I may well shorten a standard cosworth pickup and fit my short sump which means my RS2000 sump will fit on my spare engine which I also have to rebuild