Air Leakage In Weber Carb / What Type Of New Carb

Guest kennym

Guest kennym

Hi

Just been to get the carb tuned only to be told I need a new carb due to excessive air leakage. Which is resulting in the engine drinking fuel big time.

My 1600 pinto is fitted with a Weber 28/30 DFTH and apparently is leaking air at the throttle rod as it enters the carb and no amount of tinkering will solve the problem . Best long term solution is new carb .

Firstly , is this a common problem with carbs and are there any other solutions.

Secondly , if I replace the carb I was going to fit Weber 32/34 DMTL FOR PINTO , I believe with this size of carb I don't have to change the manifold. If I go to 32/36 I will.

Hopefully I've explained the problem , anythoughts ?

I've just been on ebay looking for 32/34 DFTH weber carb service kit and found 'fastroadcar' on their shop it states

This is a new genuine Weber 32/34 DMTL carburettor to fit the later 2.0 OHC Ford pinto engine & replaces the original Weber 30/34 DFTH as fitted to the Ford Sierra & later Transits. It is supplied with all the parts required as shown in the photograph. Designed to use the original linkage & air filter assembly it will discard the original troublesome autochoke stepper motor & multiplug arrangement & will also not require the ecu engine management choke control system. This has always been a problem, even on new cars!

This has a smaller stud pattern than the earlier Weber DGAV type & are not inter changeable.

if its a direct replacement for the 32/34 it will fit the manifold of a 28/30 as I have just swapped mine about 30mins ago :yahoo: