What Do People Think Of These Wheels

hi iam thinking of putting new alloys on my 2b and iam liking these http://www.topgear.co.uk/acatalog/Special_15_inch_Hijoin_H286_Black_Red_Rim_Alloy_Wheels_with_195_50_15_tyres.html

what do people think? has anyone already put these on as i'd love to see them. Ive got a yellow car so iam thinking of going yellow/black colour scheme to make it a bit more menacing.

iam currently running 185/65/14's if i change to 195/50/15's i'll drop by 20mm would this be too much. i think i should probably have run 185/60/14's anyway which would have been virtually no difference

what size 15's do people normally run?

thanks as always

Guest Stuartl

hi iam thinking of putting new alloys on my 2b and iam liking these http://www.topgear.co.uk/acatalog/Special_15_inch_Hijoin_H286_Black_Red_Rim_Alloy_Wheels_with_195_50_15_tyres.html

what do people think? has anyone already put these on as i'd love to see them. Ive got a yellow car so iam thinking of going yellow/black colour scheme to make it a bit more menacing.

iam currently running 185/65/14's if i change to 195/50/15's i'll drop by 20mm would this be too much. i think i should probably have run 185/60/14's anyway which would have been virtually no difference

what size 15's do people normally run?

thanks as always

Nice

Guest The Modfather

Nice wheels, not sure of the red unless your car is red, otherwise I'd remove that colour and pinstripe in the car's colour, that would look trick. (just seen that your car is yellow, therefore ditch the red for yellow, or dark blue really looks sweet. I had blue stripes on my black sportsbike wheels and everyone thought that they were aftermarket!)

I had the sierra wheels, which I believe were 185/65/14 and changed them for 205/50/15's and the speedo is actually more acurate than when I had the 14's on.

Don't forget to be aware of the offset. Your wheels will have the offset stamped in or on the casting. The wheel shop will work this out for you as it is a little mathematikal :crazy:

Guest mower man

I run 205/50x15's on 6.5" wide rims 38 offset for me it's a v/good setup, pressures @18 psi allround , the rolling radius is v/close to the orig donor so no speedo issues go for it mower man :clapping: :good:

Yay I WIN :yahoo:

what i didn't say was that i'd seen these alloys on topgear.co.uk and fell in love with them but wasn't sure i wanted to take a gamble on them looking good for £375 so ive been looking at alloys on ebay and by chance came across the same ones local to me with a buy it now of £300 or starting bid of £150.

I was the only bidder and got them for £150! well pleased. now i just hope the seller doesn't get upset at not getting nearer £300 and refuse to hand them over.

thanks for all the replies

:)

Yay I WIN :yahoo:

what i didn't say was that i'd seen these alloys on topgear.co.uk and fell in love with them but wasn't sure i wanted to take a gamble on them looking good for £375 so ive been looking at alloys on ebay and by chance came across the same ones local to me with a buy it now of £300 or starting bid of £150.

I was the only bidder and got them for £150! well pleased. now i just hope the seller doesn't get upset at not getting nearer £300 and refuse to hand them over.

thanks for all the replies

:)

No worries there Mr Zed, the seller is legally bound to give you the goods you won in the auction.

Any probs Ebay will help.

Nick.

Guest The Modfather

I should get you to bid for me. I always seem to lose out :cray: :cray: :cray:

P.S. If the seller doesn't pay up, pay him a visit! (I shouldn't really say this but I mean it purely for you to have a general figh.... I mean discussion with the nice man, er umm) :aggressive: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I like them send me a photo when fitted please.

Regards

Mark

yeah no worries, i'll try and remember if not feel free to remind me in a week or 2 when ive got them on.

Should have pointed out that they are second hand not brand new but still can't go wrong saving £225 on new ones and they look in good condition. So iam stuck with the red line (unless i bother to paint it yellow) and i fully agree i prefer the blue but couldn't resist at the price.

gonna have to paint the drums and re-paint the calipers. might just go silver so they stand out against the black without being too showy.

Looking forward to seeing how the handling will change as the 185/65/14's ive got on at the moment are pretty good but obviously a big squidgy tyre compared to a 195/50/15.

cheers

Guest AWhite

Very similar to the alloys that I've just bought. Except mine are Wolfrace prolights and have an orange rim around them. Check out my garage. I'm running 195/50/15 on a 6.5 rim 35 offset although 40 offset may have worked better but I got a great deal of eBay.

Andy

Guest AWhite

Very similar to the alloys that I've just bought. Except mine are Wolfrace prolights and have an orange rim around them and I don't think the colour looks out of place and think it looks cool with the yellow. Check out my garage. I'm running 195/50/15 on a 6.5 rim 35 offset although 40 offset may have worked better but I got a great deal of eBay.

Andy

Very similar to the alloys that I've just bought. Except mine are Wolfrace prolights and have an orange rim around them and I don't think the colour looks out of place and think it looks cool with the yellow. Check out my garage. I'm running 195/50/15 on a 6.5 rim 35 offset although 40 offset may have worked better but I got a great deal of eBay.

Andy

cool i like them. making me even more excited about mine as iam picking them up tomorrow night. I think mine as 40mm offset if the chap got it right. It seems to be a trend at the moment to have black alloys as ive seen a few people on here with them so i thought i'd better go along with the crowd. can't wait...

Guest zoomzoom

If you want to add some colour you could fit some alloygators on your wheels.

Theycome in lots of colours and also protect your wheels from kerbing damage.

Find them at ALLOYGATORS

I should point out I sell and fit these so have a interest, but they are a very good product.

Have a lookat the video on the website

HTH Marcus