Rear Disc Brakes

codo

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of putting disc brakes on the rear of my Zero and was wondering if they would be OK with my Wilwood front discs.

I was looking at the 240mm vented Sierra discs and callipers. Would these complement the 260mm Solid discs and callipers (Wilwood) I have on the front?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Dan

Do you really mean 240mm vented front brakes on the back, using 260mm solid at the front? Why bother putting vented discs on the rear if you have solid fronts?

Also, using front calipers at the rear would involve a whole world of pain for no gain (manufacturing adaptor plates, no handbrake, impossible to bleed in situ). Why not just use the standard 253mm rear solid setup, or 253mm vented setup from a mk3 granada estate? B) :crazy:

Guest gixerboy600

Hi Dan,

Have a look at my build pics, I have the same setup on the rear but 260mm vented on the front. You will need the spacer plate with caliper mounts from GBS though! Handbrake cables are available from GBS also in a made to measure length so no fetling with cables.

HTH's

Cheers

John