S7 Chassis Strengthen

Guest Gts

Hi all has any one added strength to an s7 tub on the engine bay floor as there looks to be a weak point where it meets the bulk head if so would 25*25 steel box do the job and should I run it from front of bay right back as far as I can before it protrudes out the side fo tub

Guest AWhite

Haven't done that i didn't see the need because the outer skin of the tub goes all the way down the side (mines a 3a) but have added some plates to the front where the main tub joins the front end. This is where a lot of the monocoques break the welds. I have also added some strengthening across the floor of the boot picking up the diff bolts and up the back of the boot. This was because the boot floor was deflecting under load. I've got quite a bit of power going through the car and never had any problems with this setup.

Andy

that is what i was worried about if it was a known prob i will have to strip back under seal and paint to check for any signs of cracks as mine has no angle think i will fit angle and weld in the box section anyway just to be safe.

thanks

nick

hi

you need to run 2 lenghts of angle iron from the front to back in an A frame so it runs down the underside of the tub and bolt through the floor with large washers or plates in the engine bay and in the foot wells , it does make the front more rigid

Paul