Expansion Tank - 2.0 L Pinto

Guest dellyend1

Guest dellyend1

Hi ALL,

My S 7 does not have an expansion tank / bottle . Could anybody confirm that it is common to not fit one. Just want to make sure that my S 7 is correct regards cooling or it was an oversight on the builder

With Thanks

Jeremy

hi Jeremy there was a expantion tank on my s7 before i striped it, it was mounted to the front of the front suspention sub frame in side the nose cone only differance is mines a 1600 pinto but would imagine it s the same set up

regards

nick

Guest mower man

It,s better to have one I think ,it needs to be mounted as high as poss and you must use the correct radiator cap !! [it has a valve in it to allow coolant to return to the rad]HTH mower man :clapping: :good:

Guest robinj66

I guess it depends whether you cooling system works for you in hot conditions. If it does then don't worry.

I used an alloy bicycle water bottle for my expansion tank with a tube from the overflow on the rad cap. Seems to work OK. I mounted it between the tops of the front suspension arms.

I think a full pressurised header tank would be good - if only I had the space :unknw:

my setup doesn't have one as the coolman rad has a pressurised cap. I've got a small catch tank burried in the nose cone, but to be honest it is nearly always empty....

If it ain't got cooling problems don't bother ...

cheers

C

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-CAPRI-RADIATOR-EXPANSION-TANK-LASER-SPORT-KITCAR-/260651301959?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM

This what you need I'm using one on my 2B, and I used one on my S7 with single core cortina rad which didnt boil. A car with coolman rad basically has the same cooling system as used on Capris, cortinas etc and they sold millions which didnt boil up.

Jez