Pinto Engine Mounts

Guest Gts

Guest The Modfather

hi all im looking for the rubber mounts for a pinto if any one has some going spare or knows of where i could some from

Ebay had some last week

Guest AWhite

They are the same as the ones off a Sierra cosworth 4 x 4 I think. I got some from Graham Goode of Leicester after walking in with the old ones. The uprated ones cost an arm and a leg I just went for standard ones.

Andy

Thanks lads no one local to me stocks them or can get them looked on eBay found sum that I think are the same and they the cosie ones so should be slightly better than standard

My old engine mounts were letting the engine swing all over the place. The alternater was hitting the steering shaft. Got some engine mounts from CBS, bolted them through a piece of 3mm plate with 3 holes drilled in to match up with 3a box mounts (mounts available in different thickness). Next problem, the originals are M12 where as new ones are M10 with too short a length. Had a cut off high tensile M10 bolt welded on to increase length, then slipped on a short piece of brass tube to bring the OD back to 12mm to suit the original mounts that bolt to the side of the block. The engine is now solid mounted in the exact original position. PS had them welded proffesionally !!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Richard7

Hi Nick-S7

Please take a look at the For Sale section as I have recently added some engine mounts for sale. Hope they are the type you need.

Regards, Richard7