Ignition Amplifier Wiring

Thrashed

Hi Guys.

Trying to finish off the wiring of my Pinto Zero. I have a dizzy which is as below but with 3 wires coming from it. A Gn/Y, Bk/R and Bn. The first 2 connect to the amplifier as per the diagram, but am i right in thinking the brown is an earth and just needs earthing with the rest of the earths?

The second part is from the amplifier comes a Bk/Gn wire which becomes Bk/B. Is this best connected as per the diagram with one wire from the amplifier to the Ignition switch or can i connect it to the Bk/B wiring that goes to the starter motor?

Hope this all makes sense.

Thanks

Steve

Inductive%20(2).jpg

the third wire is just an earth to the dizzy case (you can normally see where it is connected there)

i have never seen one connected to earth on the loom side, they normally just stop in the plug

dunno... mine and others i have worked on, have only ever had 2 wires on the car part of the loom

if it runs as is, i would leave as is

the dizzy is earthed to the block by the clap

dave

Guest Noddy006

Hi Steve

This might confuse the issue but on mine have 2 wire on loom 1 Black/Red other Green. Dizzy have 3 wires 1 Orange, 1 Purple and 1 Black. Loom Black/red goes to Orange, Loom Green goes to purple and dizzy black is bolted to side of dizzy. Best of Luck. Ian H

I'd say connect brown to chassis earth, its not going to hurt.

Connect the bk/gn to the bk/b no need to run it to the switch, its not a power circuit it just ups the coil output when cranking. (its not one wire on the diagram the blob is a wire splice with the other wires removed for simplicity.)

Jez