Can Someone Id These Sensors Please?

Guest lucavigg

Guest lucavigg

post-2901-085001900 1282071506_thumb.jpg

post-2901-040817300 1282071540_thumb.jpg

The first is on the inlet side attached to the face of the inlet. I assumed Coolant temp.

Second is on the inlet side on the camshaft cover at the gearbox end. I assumed cam position sensor.

As I have an OMEX ECU and a Raceline water rail and I'm taking coolant temp of the rail, do I need these two sensors and should they be blanked off?

Thanks

Luca

Guest lucavigg

Oh, just to add, leave them as they are, if you blank them off you may have leakage issues,

Dave

Thanks for your help Dave. I was thinking of blanking of the contacts in some way just to avoid corrosion. I might just wrap the plugs with something.

Luca

The one below the in let manifold is not a temp sensor ( that sits in the thermostat housing )

This is the oil pressure light switch.

You will possible need 3 water temp switches/ sensors. one for the ecu.this is in my heater hose.Could be in the back of the raceline water rail, but tight for space.

one for the rad fan this is in the race line thermostat housing.

one for the dash dial this I fitted in the side of the race line water rail as fits the ford sender threads.

Yes the other pic is the cam position sensor.

I have an Omex 600 and this was not used, May be used on the newer ones.

Mine needed a Throttle position. Air in take temp. engine /water temp.Crank position Shield cable. and Coil pack. A fuel pump feed, a switched ignition live a battery +&- all done.

The original ford inlet wiring has the plug in connections for most of these very handy.

Stephen

Guest lucavigg

The one below the in let manifold is not a temp sensor ( that sits in the thermostat housing )

This is the oil pressure light switch.

You will possible need 3 water temp switches/ sensors. one for the ecu.this is in my heater hose.Could be in the back of the raceline water rail, but tight for space.

one for the rad fan this is in the race line thermostat housing.

one for the dash dial this I fitted in the side of the race line water rail as fits the ford sender threads.

Aha, Oil pressure eh? Presumably this connects straight into the GBS loom?

I fitted the OMEX water temp at the back of the rail. I had to get Raceline to re-thread the hole for me and they fitted the sensor.

On the dash dial, did you use the hole for the heater that is normally blanked with the supplied threaded blanking plug?

Luca

No I have a heater so the one next to it is a I think a 3/8 unf so fited the ford sender I had from my original ford dash and sender from old engine.

Also drill 2 x 3mm holes in the thermostat as there is a prob with the flow through the rail ( if you read the instrustione it details this then no prob )

some pics LINK 1

LINK 2

stephen

Guest lucavigg

No I have a heater so the one next to it is a I think a 3/8 unf so fited the ford sender I had from my original ford dash and sender from old engine.

Also drill 2 x 3mm holes in the thermostat as there is a prob with the flow through the rail ( if you read the instrustione it details this then no prob )

To be fair, Raceline did tell me about the thermostat problem, but they said that the newer rails don't seem to suffer from it as much. They said give it a go without and see how it goes. I've seen so many posts about this problem that I might just do it anyway.

Luca

I don't think the first pic is the oil pressure switch. Might be a temperature sender or the knock sensor. Can't see very clearly. Knock sensor looks like pic below.

Omex can be calibrated to a temperature sender in the top of the thermostat housing to read engine temperature for the ecu fueling and ignition and it will run the rad-fan from this information. You still need a sender for whatever temperature gauge you have in the dash.

Nigel

post-21-061307500 1282342532_thumb.jpg

Guest lucavigg

I don't think the first pic is the oil pressure switch. Might be a temperature sender or the knock sensor. Can't see very clearly. Knock sensor looks like pic below.

Omex can be calibrated to a temperature sender in the top of the thermostat housing to read engine temperature for the ecu fueling and ignition and it will run the rad-fan from this information. You still need a sender for whatever temperature gauge you have in the dash.

Nigel

Now I'm really confused. The Haynes manual for the engine suggests that it's a water temerature sensor. Wish I could reproduce the diagram here as it's probably copyright. I'll try and get a better pic.

Luca

Guest lucavigg

Luca where in Se London are you as I work in SE London

and could pop around one nice day and show You mine working.

Stephen

Hi Steve,

In between Coulsdon and Chipstead (Surrey). If you have the time, I'll PM you my number and we can meet up. Alternatively, if you're going to Stafford, we can meet there.

Luca

Guest lucavigg

I will be at stafford with the teardrop on the back sat/sun.

stephen

OK PM me your mobile number the week before and we can arrange to meet up.

Luca