Hello, Hello

Guest dctough

Guest dctough

Hello all,

I've finally taken the plunge and put down my deposit for a Zetec Zero. So I thought it was about time I introduced myself as I expect I'll be drawing extensively on your collective knowledge over the next few months/years. I went up to GBS this morning and Richard showed me around the new demonstrator their building. He said they've been working hard to iron out all the little niggles with the car to make it a much easier build - which is no bad thing.

I'm based in Staines, so it would be good to know if there are any other local builders.

Dave

Guest sadjagboy

Welcome Dave,

You'll always find someone on here who can advise you on the best way to tackle any part of the build. I'd say it is worth paying the £15 annual subscription to join the club too.

Enjoy your build!

Best regards

Angus

Guest RPD1970

Hi Dave,

I'm off to GBS next week to place my order for the Zero, so I am looking forward to joining the madhouse! What colour did you go for - I just can't decide!!!

Russell

Guest steve775

Welcome to the mad house, I have a zero in progress , havent come across too many problems. Plenty of people on here with the knowledge and skills to help solve any problems you have, looks like the Zero is going to be the most popular 7 style car on the road within the next couple of years

Guest dctough

Richard said it would be about six weeks, so I'm looking at the end of September. This should give me enough time to clean and prep the donor parts. A couple of pay cheques will have come in by then which will help :D.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kent zero

I went for yellow in the end, but was swayed for a minute by the red demonstrator they're building.

Dave

Hi Dave where did you get those chassis stands? what sort of hieght is the car of the ground?

what sort of price were they.

Regards

John.

Dave,

Welcome I am building a yellow zero at present although work has been extremely busy and its been a while since I ventured into the garage.

If you join you can access the map to see members in your area tea and biscuits is normally enough to bribe/get help with any problems.

Or all questions answered here.Best of luck.

Regards

Mark

Guest dctough

Hi Dave where did you get those chassis stands? what sort of hieght is the car of the ground?

what sort of price were they.

Regards

John.

Not my chassis stands. They're the one's GBS we're using in the factory - lift the car about 3 feet.

Picking up the kit on the 24th - starting to get excited now:yahoo:

Dave

Dave

Welcome to the Thames Valley area .

Our best known , completed Zero is Ian in Bracknell.

A wealth of kit building is around you. You may have even seen a few RHE /GBSC cars if you went to the Uxbridge show earlier in the year.

Come along to the monthly meet , There may even be one or two for you to ogle.