Hoody Raffle

Andi

On a money raising note, what do people think about setting up a raffle for the Stafford show?

Unless this is already being done, I could get the tickets and stump up 3 bottles of quality wine for a prize.

If anyone else could offer something as a prize it would make it more interesting.

I think a £1 per ticket fee should be about right.

If we get enough prizes maybe we could out do the gadget show :clapping:

Edit to say all proceeds to the air ambulace appeal

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how about £2.50 a ticket and we all bring a bottle so for £2.50 and a bottle you could win 50 bottles come on guys this could work and get over £100 for the hoody bear. Like GDC has said we aint doing well lets go for it great Idea Andi

how about £2.50 a ticket and we all bring a bottle so for £2.50 and a bottle you could win 50 bottles come on guys this could work and get over £100 for the hoody bear. Like GDC has said we aint doing well lets go for it great Idea Andi

Does anyone know the legalities of this?

Can we walk around selling raffle tickets?

I was going to put my megajolt up for a prize but couldn bring myself to do it.. (must convert this winter).

Good point though Phil, if lots of folk donated booze te lucky winner may get 6 or 12 months beer supply.

Now that would appeal to all kit clubs methinks

Does anyone know the legalities of this?

Can we walk around selling raffle tickets?

I was going to put my megajolt up for a prize but couldn bring myself to do it.. (must convert this winter).

Good point though Phil, if lots of folk donated booze te lucky winner may get 6 or 12 months beer supply.

Now that would appeal to all kit clubs methinks

If you sell raffle tickets to the public you need a local authority licence,each ticket must have a number and a tear off strip, and the date of draw and state prize,you will need to make the application to do this at least 3 months before hand,if you have booze for prizes you can run into all sorts of problems,if you sell tickets to club members only then you are OK,

Be very carefull.

Colin

How would you get them home, you couldnt get 50 bottles in the Hood could you??

Still good idea might be better to spread the prizes abit.

Jez

Maybe we could blag a courier company or pay one if we had to.

Guest Ian Maycock

the prizes would need to spread around to give more people a chance to win. Take it from someone who never wins anything if i think my odds are better then i will have a dabble.

Guest jetskijase

HI All

Andi great idea mate.

just a couple of pointers/opinions on this.

Andi, we have a free raffle to rhocar members at the shows, need to confirm stafford with the bossman, only bringing this up as from memeory car builder solutions normally donate a prize for this, if they're up to donate twice then great.

With regards what colin said about the legal side.

I personlly would like it to go the way that rhocar members can bring something along for the raffle, ( ie a bottle or something from the garage i will bring regulators and filters etc for compressor as an example) then we set up a table in the gazebo sat night and charge a pound for a ticket to anyone in the camp, therfore keeping it to memebers, simples!!

just like my motherin laws coffee mornings but with tools and car bits!!

Then the proceeds can go to hoody bear.

I Feel that if we keep it simple more people might be up for it. I just think £2.50 and a bottle is a little too much.

cheers all

jase.

I agree jase,

A quid is a nice little effortless thing to pull out your pocket.

What do people think about keeping the raffle RHOCAR or spread far and wide to maximise income?

Also I dont want to tread on the other raffle either.

I vote to maximise

Managed to get a AA hardback atlas with local information and pictures the from the area retail price £30. :friends: :clapping:

Bigger the better more money for the charity

Nice one Mark,

I will pm you some details later

Andi