No Going Back Now!

Guest RPD1970

Guest RPD1970

Well, that's it, I've finally placed the order for the Zero!

Had a great chat with Richard yesterday, and saw some nice new features on the chassis - it's going to be a piece of cake!!! (I'll be eating those words before you know it!). A huge thanks must go to John for coming with me and being patient while I debated over the colour. Finally went for the Oxford Blue, has any one else got one underway?

Now for the impatient wait for the kit to be ready! I'm going to collect the donor pack tomorrow so at least I can make a start on that before the chassis is ready.

Standby for loads of daft questions chaps!!

Russell

Guest gixerboy600

Hi Russell,

I enjoyed the opportunity to see another intrepid Zero builder take those first tentative steps and finally do the sensible thing, order the kit!

Great decision to collect your donor pack in advance as everything will be ready to fit when the kit arrives and you get organised.

And you chickened out on colour, must keep wifey happy!! LOL

Enjoy

John

Hi Russel

Welcome to the clan. Nothing further to add to the previous replies only to say enjoy your build and that I think you've made a good choice with the Zero especially with the changes GBS have made lately. My Zero is half(ish) way through its build and I can't wait to get it on the road. It will be running a new 2 litre Zetec with Jenvey throttle bodies and Emerald ecu (bought from GB)so should go like s**t off a shovel. What engine are you running?

Good idea to get the donor pack before you get the clean bits, because it's quite frustrating having to clean and paint mucky parts before you can start building.

Bob

Guest RPD1970

Bob,

Will be going for the exact same setup as you, from GBS too, and will buy it as and when I need it :)

V excited now! The new chassis does look really good, lots of nice extras! And don't get me started on my new cycle wings and that lovely diffuser that I have my eyes one!

Russell

Guest gixerboy600

Bob,

Will be going for the exact same setup as you, from GBS too, and will buy it as and when I need it :)

V excited now! The new chassis does look really good, lots of nice extras! And don't get me started on my new cycle wings and that lovely diffuser that I have my eyes one!

Russell

Go On Russell,

GET STARTED YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to fit my newly folded and shaped scuttle and firewall courtesy of Richard, not to mention my lovely new Kawasaki Green GRP dash that's on its way!

Cheers

John

Go On Russell,

GET STARTED YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to fit my newly folded and shaped scuttle and firewall courtesy of Richard, not to mention my lovely new Kawasaki Green GRP dash that's on its way!

Cheers

John

OOOhhh, a grp dash from gbs??

What does it look like John?? Similar too mine perhaps?

Bob,

Russell

Hi Russell

I fancy that diffuser as well, it really sets the back off (IMHO). Whether it does anything or not - what the heck it looks like its doing 60mph while its standing still!

Bob

Guest RPD1970

Hi Russell

I fancy that diffuser as well, it really sets the back off (IMHO). Whether it does anything or not - what the heck it looks like its doing 60mph while its standing still!

Bob

My thoughts exactly Bob!

• 3 weeks later...

Collection date now the 28th September! Not long now! Donor parts almost totally prepared, and the garage is looking empty!

The garage won't look empty for long :yahoo: Good luck and enjoy your build. Don't forget to keep us up to date with how you are geting on.

Bob