Interior Trim

Guest dinger

Guest dinger

Whilst I'm waiting for Stafford show where I hope to get some bargains I have been running out of things to do with no new parts, So decided to try my hand at some trimming, I've been pondering over how I'm going to neatly finish the arched panels that come down where your right arm would be, 2 panels over lap with tags and then the rear finishing ally trim comes over those,

I didnt want to leave rivets or screws showing and really didnt fancy the idea of a huge U shaped trim just glued on there,

These are the results which TBH I'm quite proud of, Let me know what you think,

The pic below is with a piece of small rubber edge trim folded out and covering the exposed edge of the tabs, on each side of the covering ally trim I've place some of the same edge trim but just placed it over each side of the trim, With it riveted down this trim holds all the edge trim nice and tight. before I put this trim on the carpet was fitted and tucked slighlty under it so it clamped when riveted.

DSC_1471.jpg

I then bonded a thin strip of leatherette over the trim and tucked each side under the edge trim.

DSC_1465.jpg

The finished result, you can see the 2 peices of edge trim used in different ways, one to cover the exposed edges of the tabs and the other to keep a smooth edge.

DSC_1466.jpg

DSC_1469.jpg

DSC_1467.jpg

DSC_1468.jpg

Dave

Guest oddsocks

Whilst I'm waiting for Stafford show where I hope to get some bargains I have been running out of things to do with no new parts, So decided to try my hand at some trimming, I've been pondering over how I'm going to neatly finish the arched panels that come down where your right arm would be, 2 panels over lap with tags and then the rear finishing ally trim comes over those,

I didnt want to leave rivets or screws showing and really didnt fancy the idea of a huge U shaped trim just glued on there,

These are the results which TBH I'm quite proud of, Let me know what you think,

The pic below is with a piece of small rubber edge trim folded out and covering the exposed edge of the tabs, on each side of the covering ally trim I've place some of the same edge trim but just placed it over each side of the trim, With it riveted down this trim holds all the edge trim nice and tight. before I put this trim on the carpet was fitted and tucked slighlty under it so it clamped when riveted.

DSC_1463.jpg

I then bonded a thin strip of leatherette over the trim and tucked each side under the edge trim.

DSC_1465.jpg

The finished result, you can see the 2 peices of edge trim used in different ways, one to cover the exposed edges of the tabs and the other to keep a smooth edge.

DSC_1471.jpg

DSC_1467.jpg

Dave

Theres no pics!

Guest dinger

Sorry guys,

I had organsised some folders and moved them,, Doh!!

Zoom Zoom,

I was going to run without carpet but thought Nick had made such a good job of his I had to follow, Baahhhh Baaahhhh

Edited to say that they are now veiwable

Whooo ooohhhh, somebodies been applying the patience technique!! :drinks:

Looking really good Ding-a-Ling, a real credit too you mate. :hi:

At this rate we'll defo be at Stoneleigh next year with both our cars!! :D

Nick

Looks good grey matter now thinking what if I used the same colour as the seats with yellow piping or can you get a stainless coloured trim to match panels. Another thing to add to the 'things to do list'.

Regards

Mark :drinks:

Looks good grey matter now thinking what if I used the same colour as the seats with yellow piping or can you get a stainless coloured trim to match panels. Another thing to add to the 'things to do list'.

Regards

Watch this space Mark, i'll have mine done soon and our grey matter is on the same road mate... ;)

Might even be able to get some knocked up similar (MIGHT) for you.

Nick.

Guest dinger

Regards

Do you mean brushed aluminium piping Mark?

My google search list is full with seat piping searches at the minute,

Thanks for the comments guys, It means alot and gives me the kick up the backside to carry on,