Thermostat Question

Guest lucavigg

Guest lucavigg

I've obviously stripped a lot of bits from my 2L Zetec Blacktop acquired from GBS when I bought the kit. Things like inlet manifold, exhaust etc.

One of the things I came across the other day was the thermostat housing from the Zetec. I retrieved the thermostat and noticed that there was a small hole in the housing with a tiny bearing and holder to make what looks like a non-return valve.

Given other peoples advice on this forum regarding the problems with the Raceline water rail, which I have fitted, would my water rail setup benefit from a similar type of thermostat instead of the supplied one?

What is the effect of having a small valve like this in the housing?

Thanks

Luca

Guest oddsocks

I've obviously stripped a lot of bits from my 2L Zetec Blacktop acquired from GBS when I bought the kit. Things like inlet manifold, exhaust etc.

One of the things I came across the other day was the thermostat housing from the Zetec. I retrieved the thermostat and noticed that there was a small hole in the housing with a tiny bearing and holder to make what looks like a non-return valve.

Given other peoples advice on this forum regarding the problems with the Raceline water rail, which I have fitted, would my water rail setup benefit from a similar type of thermostat instead of the supplied one?

What is the effect of having a small valve like this in the housing?

Thanks

Luca

What problems do people get with the raceline water rail? im going to get one of them soon but havent heard anything bad about them.

Jamie

Guest lucavigg

On my Pinto I did not have the small hole so I drilled one.

It can help with air lock problems common in 7's

I was wondering more about the non return-valve part of it on the Zetec thermostat.

Luca