Dgas Throttle Cable

Guest ih007

Guest ih007

I promise i've tried, but i cant get a cable that will fit the dgas which i've finally managed to fit.

However, having tried my trusted scrappys, i cant find a cable that i can make work. So does anyone have a cable lying around on their floor that they feel like parting with, and that they know fits sierra pedal box/dgas carb?

Obviously this is pressing as i told Big Jim, the swap would be finished by the end of November - my excuses drawer is now officially bare, and Jim will be dusting off his Beating Gloves i'm sure.

Guest AWhite

I have a 38DGAS carb fitted on the standard DGAV manifold and a standard throttle cable for this carb works fine. There just a few quid from you local parts supplier.

I snapped my throttle cable a while ago and just asked for a throttle cable of a D reg sierra with a DGAV carb.

Did you make your own throttle linkage? Which carb did you have before?

Andy

Guest ih007

Hmm, not sure which one i had before, i'll check tonight, but the existing cable has a completely different interface with the new linkage. The linkage is the same as Big Jims posted pictures under the Throttle Bracket wanted posts.

Guest ih007

OK

Tried all the local motor factors (and some not so local) and most say to go back to Ford. The only one who said they could get me one got me the wrong one.

I'm off to try some further afield scrappys this weekend but the subject is now officially open again...

In fact i might even try Ford, who knows what may happen.

Guest ih007

Well, i thought £12 was a bit over the top considering it was a dusty old second hand cable which i routed out from the bottom of a pile of hundreds of cables?

Perhaps i'm just a bit tight but i could hardly go elsewhere.

Jim, everyone knows you're a taskmaster!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...