Should We Be Ashamed !

Guest gdc

so with the total arround £1100

and with 800 ish members , should we be ashamed with the response .i think we should .

less than £1.50 per member , i hope thoes that havnt bothered never need the services of the air

ambulance .

it has died a death , the initial responces were poitive but the result is to say the leaste

disappointing.

graham

i will be harrasing members at stafford for further support .

While I believe the cause is an excellent one (I donate loose change weekly into the pot at work to the local air ambulance) maybe some of those "who didn't bother" have other worthy causes to which they donate! My monthly donation to charitable causes exceeds £20 a month and I'm a self confessed tight wad! So I don't feel guilty about "not bothering", while I understand your frustration I think your tone is little broad brushed!

Guest mower man

I agree that response has been some what lacking and hold my hand up as one of those who has not done much, I hope to adress this very soon ,last month I took voluntary redundancy mainly through medical probs and now have a little more time to spare so can I ask 1 where is the bear

2 can who ever has him to get in touch

3 can he be at Stafford on Sat

replies awaited regards mower man :good: :unknw: :unknw:

Graham,

In daily life I give generously to a lot of charities £1 here and £1 there including £10 to Air ambulance during last few shows, then as a member of the British legion I donate £100 a year (ex-forces) and we have a business charity of the year which I support with many events. So my concious is clear, but in defence of others we are chased, encourage or advertised every day of our lives by charities and I assume some have priorities/commitments to others.

Then on a personal note my mum has been diagnosed with MS so another charity I contribute to on a regular basis to a point where I can not always afford parts for my kit. I agree it is a poor show but understandable - please look from both sides.

Regards

Mark

PS. My business and I have contributed to Andi's raffle in Stafford

Graham,

In daily life I give generously to a lot of charities £1 here and £1 there including £10 to Air ambulance during last few shows, then as a member of the British legion I donate £100 a year (ex-forces) and we have a business charity of the year which I support with many events. So my concious is clear, but in defence of others we are chased, encourage or advertised every day of our lives by charities and I assume some have priorities/commitments to others.

Then on a personal note my mum has been diagnosed with MS so another charity I contribute to on a regular basis to a point where I can not always afford parts for my kit. I agree it is a poor show but understandable - please look from both sides.

Regards

Mark

PS. My business and I have contributed to Andi's raffle in Stafford

I agree with the above and similar posts and would add that I have contributed towards the Hoodie fund by asking a fellow Rhocar member to send me 90% of the value of an item I sold him to me and the rest to Hoodie.

Along with Mark B, I donate to many charities and am certainly not a wealthy person and similarly have to wait some time, often months to buy bits for my car that cost maybe less than £20.

I remember many years ago I came out of a shop and was literally stopped by a woman who looked me straight in the eye and waved a collection box about 3" from my nose and shouted 'Donate to Gt Ormond Street'. After the initial shock I was disgusted by her attitude and despite having three kids have never donated to them since that day.

I do however give, I would estimate, about £20 per month to various charities and regularly sponsor individuals in addition to that for walks, runs, mountain climbs etc for charities ranging from the NSPCC to Ex Battery Hens.

So do I feel guilty? Err, no actually.

I to am disappointed with the result so far I have asked a few times on here for ideas and support with little or no response. Please guys if you cant give financial took at giving some time and organize something. Whilst Disappointed in the main can I say a big thank you to all who have supported this event so far. Also Graham I do have £175 still to pay in to the giving site when I can get it all in to notes as the bank wont take part bags of change, so I will add what ever we get this weekend to it and get it sorted.

dont shoot the mesanger !look at the figures .

there are many of us that give as much as poss to charity ,we as a buisnes give to gosh every year , i was trying to awaken thoes that dont.

the figures are clear , look at the donations site .

800 ish members and less than 1200 quid to date , says it all .

sorry guys but i am verry disapointed with the responce .

i will be at stafford and i will be happy to take any crap anyone may wish to spade in my direction .

graham

Guest bimboone

i give to charties as an when i feel like it people who rattle tins under my nose gives me the arse just because all of our members do not donate dose not mean they do not give to other charties this is why england is a free country and we have freedom of choice.just my opinion!!!

As with a lot of bike and car clubs, a club likes to nominate a charity, sometimes being just one charity and others like us

who choose differing worthy causes such as AAA and rainbows.

The former was met with a massive positive response earlier this year and i`m guessing lots of members hoped for a better

outcome to date.

It is all about the choice to give to something or not, and it would be great if, as a club we could turn out a fat cheque, But we can only

do that as a club.

If not, then what we have raised is better than nothing, and there is still lots of time to get some more.

So dig deep or else!! (joke btw) :pardon:

Sorry Steve,

I got my dates wrong, the veteran car run is taking place the weekend of 6th/7th november,

If anyone has anything lined up before that date then take Hoody, if there no events for Hoody then I'll gladly give him bed and board for the time being,

cheers

Dave