Will Cockpit Ventilators Help?

Guest Logix_00

Guest Logix_00

My old girl keeps getting a bit on the hot side if she's sitting in a q even if its only for a short while, after 10mins she hits the red line and I'm off the road letting her cool down. As she's an Exmo and has a mono-cock design I was wondering if anyone else had installed cockpit vents to help get the heat off the engine? Plus as we're now getting into winter time I'm thinking I'd still like to be running her into work unit November time (Its a nice run down a few back country roads), so it be nice to have some heat in the foot well! I've attach a couple of pics of vents that I found on Car Builders Solutions, but not sure how well they will work. Thanks

Ants

post-4371-006453000 1284660746_thumb.jpg

post-4371-014246400 1284660751_thumb.jpg

i myself would not break the seal between the engine bay and the cockpit .

if god forbid you have an engine bay fire it will entre through the vents . cooking you and the good lady .

fit a heater for the cockpit and better cooling for the engine bay .

graham

Guest The Modfather

i myself would not break the seal between the engine bay and the cockpit .

if god forbid you have an engine bay fire it will entre through the vents . cooking you and the good lady .

fit a heater for the cockpit and better cooling for the engine bay .

graham

Graham is right.

I have just put a new bulkhead in my rebuild, ensuring that the only holes bewteen the engine and the cockpit are

1. used,

2. fitted with a grommet, and

3. are only big enough for the purpose that I need.

There have been a few threads on here about engine bay cooling, and the key here is not so much about how much cool air is allowed in, but how much hot air you can get out. Louvred bonnets (holes facing the windscreen) bonnet side vents (again facing backwards) and may be some vents in the lower section of the side panels.

I'm fitting a zetec which means my exhaust is now exhausting on my passenger side, and I now have a 6"x6" square hole in my driver's side panel, which I will put a small shallow scoop over, but the exit hole will be pointing backwards, to allow the hot air to escape.