Which Radiator

Guest danny_samb

Guest danny_samb

hi all im new to the site nad this is my 1st post, so go easy haha!!

i have a 2b with a pinto engine in, what radiator and fan is the most common to use also where bouts do i fit it to the chasis, pics would be great thanks

The coolmans from GBS is the popular choice, used with an expansion bottle is usually pretty reliable.

Polo rad can be used with a header tank, as per most modern cars, bit more plumbing required but easy enough and reliable.

I have a Seat Marbella rad, small enough to fit right at the front of the chassis, but good enough to keep a 2.0 vauxhall red top running perfectly in high 30's temperature at Le Mans in July

See Here

Guest Botbuilder

:hi:

I use a Renault Clio Mk2 1.2i aluminium rad for a 03/98-12/98 ,Manual gearbox Clio. OE Part Number : 7700430647

Core size is : 350x375x30 mm fan fitted to draw air through radiator. Using the original Clio fan switch mounted in the radiator. Never overheats fan cuts in at 90 degrees C and out at 82. Fan only runs for short bursts in traffic jams

There is a picture of how it fits, in my Garage space.

The only problem I found is that it is very hard to bleed the air out of the system. However this setup works well for me and you can pick one on fleabay pretty cheap

:good:

Guest garyfelton

Hi, I have gone the same route as Steve as it fits neatly at the front of the chassis and not too tall for the nose cone. The rad inlet and outlet are in the right places for the Pinto engine so easy enough to plumb in.

HTH Gary.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest clark2334
danny_samb wrote:

hi all im new to the site nad this is my 1st post, so go easy haha!!

i have a 2b with a pinto engine in, what radiator and fan is the most common to use also where bouts do i fit it to the chasis, pics would be great thanks

There's a lot to choose from like:

Replacement Radiator - Copper Core OE Replacement for 1975-1980 Ford Pinto

or

Ready Rad Radiator - Copper And Brass Core for 1974 Ford Pinto

Cooling a 7 is a combination of a larger or more effective radiator, ducting the nose to force all the air through the rad, a powerful fan and then getting the hot under bonnet air out.

You can also consider an oil cooler for extra help.

The 16mm pipe that runs from the water pump to the inlet manifold is usually one of the high points and a simple T piece bleed pipe will help bleed the air.

A 1 or 2 mm hole drilled in the thermostat (not the housing) let's air bleed from the block.