Stafford Kit Car Show

Guest daveclement

i like the idea of a show of rhocar cars . it needs some thought and a desicion as to where and when .

it needs a real deep ammount of planning , to pull it off . but it could work as an annual event .

better idea than a general show , as we are in control . canvase the members find a venue , i will be there .

then plenty of advertising to bring in the general public and poss a result .

if no public prob no prob as the membership could carry it off .

just a thought .

graham

Guest Ian & Carole

We went down this road about 5 years ago, members wanted a national camping weekend with loads of Hoodies in attendance.

We got a huge feild at "Billing Aquadrome" booked, central location, agreed date and less than 10 turned up. :aggressive: :unknw:

I would certainly support an event as suggested and hope that the newer members would support one.

Bring it on and lets see.

We went down this road about 5 years ago, members wanted a national camping weekend with loads of Hoodies in attendance.

We got a huge feild at "Billing Aquadrome" booked, central location, agreed date and less than 10 turned up. :aggressive: :unknw:

I would certainly support an event as suggested and hope that the newer members would support one.

Bring it on and lets see.

I'm up for it Ian, especially somewhere central within the uk such as Billing mate.

Perhaps a non refundable deposit to book your pitch?? Money where your mouth is sort of thing? =@

Nick.

• Like 1

Think Bikers!

They have some well organised clubs and events. Take this place for example

http://www.caravancampingsites.co.uk/northyorkshire/snootyfox.htm

This was a very quiet spit and sawdust type place that me and the wifey camped overnight whilst waiting for a tune up from Dave Bogg in the morning.

We were woken in the morning by an ear splitting PA that had been set up by a bike club who were hosting an all weekender there. So noise not an issue.

Plus a club day on the Bogg rollers wouldnt go amiss.

(Or maybe Im just having a hard time coming down from a brill camping weekend.)

Andi

Guys,,, Slow down,,,,,back up a little and think about it..............

No one seems to like lining Mr tanners pockets, However, free camping, £10 entry and a free pass for Sunday and the best weekend camping and social event ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And guess what! A central location with hardly any layout for the club,,

Has the penny dropped yet?

Why not organsise our own sub show within the Stafford show? There was very little talk about this show but over 50cars on the RHOcars stand,

Imagine what could happen with a little thought and oranising, Not to forget the £400 that was raised for charity.

Even an advert to let people know that the club will be there.

All we have to do is turn up, simples.

And remember, we could do almost anything we liked on the camoing pitch, even got decent toilets and shower rooms,

And you moaned about paying a tenner to get in,,,think about it, digest it, then tell me its a bad idea.

Guest Ian Marr

I'm with you dinger.

We crammed ourselves into the spot under the trees, but the site was largely unused on a nighttime and there is a spill-over field next door down the hill.

Let Dan Tenner pay the bill for the site and we develop the social side - RHOCaR focused, but welcome to all.

Just spotted in Kitcar's show special mag delivered a couple of weeks ago his blurb saying" ...In 2010 the Robin Hood and Jago clubs are going to help with the outside organisation again; to help things run even more smoothly."

Think he was building our part up beyond the actual - bit cheeky, but does add weight to our potential case to take ownership of the outside a bit more.

All dependent on the show happening next year - which is doubtful on this years performance - but we have nothing to lose developing potential ideas.

I will put it in perspective a little my brother camped at callow tops camp site derbyshire a few weekends before Stafford it cost £60 odd, 2 nights for the tent same as i had at Stafford they even charged an extra £2 a night for a 3m sq gazebo there were noise restrictions zillions of kids running around etc etc.

Stafford £10 do what you want good loo's etc i'd say bargain :clapping:

As for people saying yes and dropping out do as shaft said £££££ up front very early on,non returnable that way if no one turns up the club has lost nothing..

So waht are you all wanting

1 hope stafford happens next year and we try to get more members along

or

2 organize a week end camp some where in the midlands say from friday night to sunday afternoon

??????????????????????????????????????????????????

as said i am up for stafford next year if it happens,

however i support a rhocar camp over or whatever anyone wants to call it .

a rhocar show would be brill , as dinger said we could use dens facilities .if we had to .

or we could set up a complete show , dont have to be a show ground with the expence though .

we could block book somewher like billing , plenty of bogs and grub out lets.nice areas to explore

no real expence to the club as the individual books his space .

put on a raffle mayby a pig roast , bobs you uncle fannys your aunt we have our own show .

just a thought

graham