Mt75 Into A Zero

Guest rwh

Hi guys.

Has anyone fitted an MT75 gearbox into a Zero? If so did you have any problems fitting it into the transmission tunnel as it looks to me as if the black pressed steel carrier for the shift remote control is too wide to fit in.

Any hints, tips, photos would be appreciated.

Bob

Guest merc190provan

Hi Bob,

I am about to fit mine hopefully next week, but i am going to use the shift kit that GBS now have, apparently it includes everything including a quickshift. Can`t say i have heard that anyone has had any problems.

Hi Bob

I have used the ford shifter and yes it needs to be narrowed.

I added some extra metal for strength from backend to halfway along

also moved the gearshift base back abit & rewelded it.

there are 2 lugs on the side of the bellhousing that need to be cut off.

hope this helps

cheers Paul

post-3784-001065000 1285020341_thumb.jpg

post-3784-093335300 1285020573_thumb.jpg

post-3784-002558100 1285020626_thumb.jpg

Guest oddsocks

Hi guys.

Has anyone fitted an MT75 gearbox into a Zero? If so did you have any problems fitting it into the transmission tunnel as it looks to me as if the black pressed steel carrier for the shift remote control is too wide to fit in.

Bob

I fitted mt75 into zero-havent put gear lever and support on yet if thats what you want to know but if you want some pics of the box in have a look at my pic in the link below

Jamie

Thanks for the help folks.

While I'm the subject of MT75 gear boxes I am a little confused by the fact that there are two sets of wires coming out of the gear box. The first comes out about the middle of the box and has two wires, a black wire and a blue/black wire (I would guess this is for the reverse light). The second is right at the tail (prop shaft) end and has 3 wires that go into a triangular connector and has a brown wire, a black wire and a yellow wire and I haven't a clue what it could be for. Any ideas or am I just dim?

Bob

Hi all,

Not a Zero I know ( I fitted it in a 2B where the dashboard down chassis members are where the propshaft joint is!) , --- but I threw the black Ford gearstick extension away ( large, heavy and totally overengineered) and just made up a rod to a solidly mounted , very short, quickshift.

This allows you to put the gear lever where you want it !!! --- not where it happens to be depending on your engine mounts.

Graham

post-971-070222900 1285242504_thumb.jpg

post-971-010137500 1285242521_thumb.jpg

Guest jeffszero

Hi guys.

Bob

hi ,ive fitted a mt75 box to a zetec in a zero with no problems at all it just fell in .if your using the dial from gbs then the speedo sensor will have to be fitted to the prop (so im told by gbs).reversing light swqitch im going to make my own .dont forget that you will need the extra release bearing length ,available from westfields have a look at there online site "zetec to mt75".good luck with the build

regards jeff

hi ,ive fitted a mt75 box to a zetec in a zero with no problems at all it just fell in .if your using the dial from gbs then the speedo sensor will have to be fitted to the prop (so im told by gbs).reversing light swqitch im going to make my own .dont forget that you will need the extra release bearing length ,available from westfields have a look at there online site "zetec to mt75".good luck with the build

regards jeff

Hi Jeff.

You say your box "fell in". Did you have to modify the (black pressed steel)remote control housing? Also do you know what the three pin plug (with 3 wires) at the rear of the box is for?

Bob

Hi Bob,

Sorry if you already have the answers.

Also fitting mt75 into a zero. A few of the lugs on the box will need cutting off to give you some clearance on the chassis. I am sure the 3 wires are for the speedo. Was told by ETB (using there gauges) that it will work on the gauge. The two are the reverse sensor.

I didnt use and extended release bearing for the clutch as it had bad reviews on the westfield owners club site (they fall to bits and are noisy). I extended the pivot point in the box by approx 20mm as told to do by GBS. Havent had it running so cannot say if it is ok but the bearing doesnt fall of the shaft.

Rob

Guest daveclement

Hi Bob,

Sorry if you already have the answers.

Also fitting mt75 into a zero. A few of the lugs on the box will need cutting off to give you some clearance on the chassis. I am sure the 3 wires are for the speedo. Was told by ETB (using there gauges) that it will work on the gauge. The two are the reverse sensor.

I didnt use and extended release bearing for the clutch as it had bad reviews on the westfield owners club site (they fall to bits and are noisy). I extended the pivot point in the box by approx 20mm as told to do by GBS. Havent had it running so cannot say if it is ok but the bearing doesnt fall of the shaft.

Rob

HI all ,this is my version of MT 75 quickshift if it helps anybody. dave