Indentification Of Car Type/help Required

Guest Sinbad

Guest Sinbad

Hi

I have recently joined the club after buying an un-finished robin hood kit car. My son thinks it looks like Chitty! (when it was in the scrap yard). The donor car is a 1980 for cortina and the book I have is for a S7, but the car has a "barrel-back" and a magazine calls this the s6. That's my first problem, which model is it?. Secondly, as I am new to this I am a bit unsure as to where the build is up to. Is there anyone in the Merseyside area who would be prepared to come and give me some advice?

Thanks

Tony.

Guest Stuartl

Hi

I have recently joined the club after buying an un-finished robin hood kit car. My son thinks it looks like Chitty! (when it was in the scrap yard). The donor car is a 1980 for cortina and the book I have is for a S7, but the car has a "barrel-back" and a magazine calls this the s6. That's my first problem, which model is it?. Secondly, as I am new to this I am a bit unsure as to where the build is up to. Is there anyone in the Merseyside area who would be prepared to come and give me some advice?

Thanks

Tony.

Any pics Tony?

I am glad it isnt just me awake ay this ungodly hour!

Guest Sinbad

If it has the barrel back it is an S6, a rare beast indeed. I think there were only a few made.

Hi

Thanks for the replies. Looked at the R/H indentification and it looks like the cortina subframe s7, but is has the barrel back. I'll take some pics asap and post them.

Regards

Tony.

Guest Sinbad

Hi

It is the same as the picture from Nigel. As soon as I can I'll take some pictures and post them. Currently I am missing seats and the rear wheel arches, can you advise where to get them from?.

Regards

Tony.

Any of the narrow type seats will fit as you will find that there is only around 20 inches between the transmission tunnel and the side of the car.

Baby cub

Cub sport

Think I may still have a pair of the original RHE grey leather seat in the loft somewhere!

As for the rear wheel arches they are going to be a lot harder to find as they where only made for that model, so you may have to get a pair from a later model and modified then to fit.