Advice Please

Guest davy h

Guest davy h

hi all i have a couple off questions for the iva

1.i have the gbs seats fitted to my zero and i have found that one of the seat belt top mounts does not line up with the seat holes meaning when seat belts are through the holes one is on a angle is this going to be a problem? will i need to reweld in right place

2.has anyone got measurements of how to set the headlight beams?

3.FOG LIGHT!!! where do you take the power to surply to power the fog switch, i can take it from side light power which means it would come on when the side lights are on,but i did read somewhere that the fog light only works with dipped and main,if so where could i take power from because dipped and main are on different circuits ,so if i took a surply from dipped and main that would bridge them two circuits and wouldnt work

hope someone can help thanks

hi all i have a couple off questions for the iva

1.i have the gbs seats fitted to my zero and i have found that one of the seat belt top mounts does not line up with the seat holes meaning when seat belts are through the holes one is on a angle is this going to be a problem? will i need to reweld in right place

2.has anyone got measurements of how to set the headlight beams?

3.FOG LIGHT!!! where do you take the power to surply to power the fog switch, i can take it from side light power which means it would come on when the side lights are on,but i did read somewhere that the fog light only works with dipped and main,if so where could i take power from because dipped and main are on different circuits ,so if i took a surply from dipped and main that would bridge them two circuits and wouldnt work

hope someone can help thanks

Hi Dave

1) don't put the seat belts through the seat holes for IVA as some testers will then say they are part of the belt system, and want proof of seat / mounting strength

2) pull your tin top up to a wall etc mark the light paterns, change over to the kit car in the same place and match them, they will allow you to adlust them at IVA using there kit, so as long as you can get them close you will be ok

3) use diodes in the 2 circuits to stop them back feeding, but I'm sure Longboarder will be along with a better solution

I'm sure someone will be along with other advice soon as there are many solutions / opinions out there

Steve

A different solution as I don't have a clue about electronics but I can work a relay.

The wire between terminals 56 - 56 on the left and right column switches is common to both dip and main beam, is the on/of for both these, is a switched earth and has nothing to do with the sides circuit.

Now you can switch a relay either with a switched supply and constant earth or with a constant supply and a switched earth. So rig a relay with a constant supply to its 30 and 85 terminals but connect its 86 terminal to either terminal of the 56 - 56 link wire. Then 87 out goes to the fog light and is only live when the headlights are on.

The above will have your fog light on all the time but you also have a fog light switch with its telltale. The neatest position is in the supply to the 85 terminal so the relay switching circuit is double switched. (You switch one and the head light circuits auto switch the other.)

Nigel

Guest davy h

thanks steve/nigel

i am going to play around with the relay option this weekend al let you know how it goes

headlights sorted now

seat belts -can they rap around the seat will that still pass ok?

dave

Guest james123

Hi regarding the belts I had the same trouble. When you put the seat in, the gap is so tight the seat can only go where it fits. So the belts where at an angle on mine too. All I did was add some harness pads passed fine. Depends entirly on the tester as he also told me the caliper guards and the indicators on the cycle wings weren't needed james

Hi Dave

There are plenty of seats out there without belt holes just because yours have them it does not mean you must use them, The GBS seats are narrow at shoulder hight so the harness should fit over your shoulders no problem.

If you are still concerned give GBS a call they have put plenty of zero's through IVA with this kit fitted.

Steve