Redtop Id

Guest davy h

Guest davy h

hi all

am just looking at iva test requirments and i need to prove year of manufacture of engine,i have engine no and it came from a caviler,

vauxhall cant tell me because they need car reg to work they computers,dvla say we cant help but vauxhall should be able to tell me,

seems like no one knows,i no that the engine is a early model which was made from 1988-1992, because the timing belt tenstioner on later is self adjust mine isnt,it is a c20xe

so i know alot of people dont have this engine but if someone does have you come across this and does it realy matter for the iva?

I got a proof letter from this guy, jonathan.bell@gm.com when I did mine 18 months ago.

Some people have got through tests without one, but when I went to Newcastle it was the only proof they would accept.

Be warned though this letter isn’t free (far from it in fact).

Hope this helps,

Andy

Guest davy h

thanks andy i got his phone number but he is on holiday till monday so al try again then

did you only have engine number or did you have reg of car it came from?

• 1 month later...

just a update pleased to say that jonathan from vauxhall is the guy to contact i now have all info on where you engine came from,what car,what year it was made,and the vin number of car it came from and the reg

it did cost me £80 but it is pease of mind now i have that info i needed

so thanks again to andy