Sierra Column Switch

Guest steve8274

Guest steve8274

hi all

more questions regarding electrics!!!!! sorry

can anyone with the GBS loom confirm if the wiring in red letters is in correct place and also do i need to connect black (earth) wire from loom to (56) brown/black wire (earth to other stalk and also to (31) flying lead to earth?

i also have 4 wires spare which connect to horn, washer pump, fast wiper and slow wiper. does anyone know how these connect.

WIRINGSTALK1-1.jpg

WIRINGSTALK2.jpg

thanks again

steve

also do i need to connect black (earth) wire from loom to (56) brown/black wire (earth to other stalk and also to (31) flying lead to earth?

Don't link these all together.

15 requires separate earth wire.

Terminals 56 on left column switch connects to 56 on right column switch. It does not connect to an earth wire. (You may also need to take a wire off either 56 terminal to a new relay to run your fog lamp so it only illuminates when main/dip are switched on (for IVA rules).)

31 requires separate earth wire.

These stalks switch the positive side of the washer circuit out of terminal 53C to the washer motor. Ford has the return from the motor going back through the W terminal on the column switch direct to earth. (Probably a hangover from the earlier type switches which ran a constant supply to the washer motor direct from the fusebox and then had the 'earth' return to the column switch where it was switched to earth). Might be simpler just to earth the washer return local to the washer motor.

What wiper motor are you using?

Do you or anyone have a wiring diagram and colours for the GBS loom? I don't have one which makes it difficult to answer some bits of this type of question not knowing the colours or how GBS are trying to make some bits work.

Nigel

Guest steve8274

hi nigel

i plan to use mini wiper motor

i am using GBS loom and nick(shaft) wrote following post with some of the wire colours. quicker than me typing

steve

Hi Jim,

Gathered some info for you Jim from the notes i made as my mate (read... not me!) wired up the Zero.

The fuse box is:

1; Spare

2; White ignition live to column switches, brake light switch and fuel pump feed

3; Dipped beam

4; Main beam

5; Reverse light, wipers

6; Sidelights

7; Permanent live to column switches

8; 12v feed for power point (Sat nav etc)

9; Fan

The relays as supplied are:

1) Dipped beam. The Blue/Red wires are to the light units, the Black/Orange wires are to the column switch and connect to the Sierra wiring colour Brown/White which is pin 56B

2) Main beam. The Blue/white wires are to the light units, the White/Orange wires are to the column switch and connect to the Sierra wiring colour Brown/Yellow which is pin 56A

3) Flasher relay(only 3 wires in this one). The Green/Yellow wire connects to the Hazard switch via the Sierra wiring colour Black/White which is

pin 49A.

The Green wire connects to the Hazard switch via the Sierra wiring colour Black/Red which is

pin 49.

The tails on the loom which connect to the respective components are:

Red Front side lights and rear lights.

Blue/White Main beam

Blue/Red Dipped beam

Green/Black Nearside indicators

Black/Green Offside indicators

Light Green Reverse light

Blue/Red Fog light

Grey Fuel sender +12v

White Brake light switch +12v & Fuel pump +12v

Brown/Black Brake lights (from switch at the rear)

Black/Yellow Handbrake & Low fluid warning light +12v

Red/White Horn

Light Brown Speedo sensor (2 off in a pair)

The basic engine connections are:

White/Red Starter motor exciter (solenoid)

Yellow Oil warning light

Orange Water temperature sender +12V

Yellow/Blue Alternator charge light

White/Orange Rev counter / Tacho pick up (usually coil neg)

The remaining Sierra column connections are:

(The first colours are the Zero wires and the second are the tails that are on the column switches)

Black connects to the brown (Earth)

White/Orange connects to Brown/Yellow (H/Beam relay. Pin 56A)

Orange/Black band connects to Brown/White (Dipped beam relay. Pin 56B)

Green/Red connects to Black/White (LH indicator. Pin L)

Black/Green connects to Black/Green (RH indicator. pin R)

White connects to Black (ignition live for indicators. Pin 54)

Brown connects to Red (Permanent live for Hazards. Pin H30)

Red connects to Red (Sidelight feed. Pin 30)

All blacks are earths.

HTH Jim,

Nick.

Couple of pics to look at. One of the mini wiper plug. One of the later column stalks that show the numbers, connections and circuits that do the wipers. And yes the sierra column switches will do all the right things for two speed and park, wire as shown.

Nigel

post-21-039120200 1286471903_thumb.jpg

post-21-004116500 1286471914_thumb.jpg

Couple of pics to look at. One of the mini wiper plug. One of the later column stalks that show the numbers, connections and circuits that do the wipers. And yes the sierra column switches will do all the right things for two speed and park, wire as shown.

Nigel

Just used these drawings to connect my wipers up

cheers