Nearly Finished, Last Few Jobs Before Iva...

Shaft

Hi guys, once again for the positive comments. :friends:

Nigel, Crud plate is fitted mate. Throttle worry you mention is a good point mate and a mod i'll be doing, many thanks.

Pics below of suspension allignment. I checked for bump steer when only the wishbones and trackrods where connected and as i could tell, none was eveident. The pivot point of the track arms is almost in line with the pivot point of the lower wishbones, so it should be a fairly consistant arc that they both follow during suspension movement.

Have a look and see what you think??

Regards,

Nick.

post-3955-012204500 1286654609_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Looks good. When looking you have to remember the wishbone is a straight line between the centres of rotation on each end. For the track rod that is the line down the centre of the bar. For the bottom wishbone it's not. see pic below. Then you start letting your imagination run riot. Good photos to show the wishbone lines then become easier to take and play with on the computer to show what the front suspension is likely to do. If you can mark up the pivot centres you can even model it all in string or card and have a good play. (If you're a bit anal like me.)

Still looks good.

Nigel

post-21-025774500 1286664156_thumb.jpg

Morning Bob,

Eh.... you're supposed to be reading this, eyes right please!

See the diagram below Bob, that should help mate. A picture and a 1000

words as they say. Eyes right young man!.... :air_kiss:

bsdrawing.jpg

• Like 1

Looks good. When looking you have to remember the wishbone is a straight line between the centres of rotation on each end. For the track rod that is the line down the centre of the bar. For the bottom wishbone it's not. see pic below. Then you start letting your imagination run riot. Good photos to show the wishbone lines then become easier to take and play with on the computer to show what the front suspension is likely to do. If you can mark up the pivot centres you can even model it all in string or card and have a good play. (If you're a bit anal like me.)

Still looks good.

Nigel

Morning Nigel,

Thanks for casting a guiding eye over it mate. I was happy with the steering rack position, so your second opinion

only serves to bolster my confidence.

I can import photographs into my Cad/Cam software at work, so having a play with centre lines etc should be simples.

:drinks:

Nick.

• Like 1

Guest gixerboy600

Morning Nick,

In the Garage already!!!!!

Enjoy your tactical manouvers later this morning and look forward to seeing you for a pint or 5 later!!!!

Cheers

John

Thanks for the drawing Shaft,my view was over simplified;as usual. Still if I & prob the rest of us were not optomists we wouldn't start anything. Now please change avatar for a more demure,less distracting & for me more beautiful lady.

Mate

Looking good fella!

Where did you get the denso alternator t-type connector?

Also noticed that your exhaust is exiting horizontally - nowt wrong with that, but if you find you are struggling with noise for the test, it seems to be acceptable to point it downwards a bit to diffuse the sound.

Have you put some non-slip stuff on your brake pedal yet? I have used some old skate board grip tape stuff I picked up along the way.

All the best with the test matey.

Sharky

Hi Jim,

Cheers buddy.... :drinks:

The plug is one i found on an old Discovery loom i had laying around, i'll have a look if there's another one on it.

I'll mod the exhaust as you suggest, there seems some good logic in your idea. The pedals have now got some 40 grit sanding disc

attached to them.

Regards,

Nick.

• Like 2

Guest zoomzoom

Isnt orange an IVA fail now, from IVA manual section 8b page 3

'' and to include pigmentation of the orange type to be deemed to fail on taste grounds''

Or was that green?

Isnt orange an IVA fail now, from IVA manual section 8b page 3

'' and to include pigmentation of the orange type to be deemed to fail on taste grounds''

Or was that green?

no mate, Orange is the new Blue, do keep up Marcus. :spiteful:

Carbon Fibre is the bad taste failure area and Green is accident prone.

• Like 1

Guest zoomzoom

Sorry I will try to keep up but looking at the IVA manual again I see the following

section 8d (points to fail due to not liking the owner)

page 5

''excessive application of carbon fibre to the vehicle may deem a fail point unless the owner is heard to utter

the following.... wadda yeah mean mate? its all pre-preg !!! ........''

HTH