More Carbon!

megadodo

Finaly managed to make a round pipe fit a square hole and make it look reasonable. The odd angle is required to minimise disruption to the airflow through the radiator and still be able to close the bonnet. I don't think it looks too shoddy? But I'm sure you folks will crush my ego as is right on this forum!

post-2715-042960600 1286740195_thumb.jpg

Guest Stuartl

Sorry if I offend anyone (which I am almost certainly going to do) but I think carbon fibre bits look bloody awful!

Ok there might be a minimal (really minimal) weight advantage but for me that is out-weighed by the trashy look it gives a car and makes an otherwise good car look like it has been chavved up by a 17 year old blowing his first ever wage packet in Halfords.

I would rather gain a few extra grams than have my car looking like a pound shop inspired chav wagon but then that is just my opinion an no offence meant to those who chose to do this to their cars!

:rolleyes:

Mark,I haven't even had it on the road yet so no comparisons to make! I just think that cool air is theoreticaly best for engine performance (cool air is more dense etc.)and the air needs to be clean hence the air filter!

Stuart, no offence taken, each to his own. You're right about the weight saving, far better to use an all alloy engine rather than a pinto if I really wanted to be serious about weight saving. I just happen to like the carbon look and I needed an airfilter. I'm sure there were other ways around the problem but I couldn't find anything suitable or cheaper than the 40 quid it cost me from CBS.

Guest Stuartl

Mark,I haven't even had it on the road yet so no comparisons to make! I just think that cool air is theoreticaly best for engine performance (cool air is more dense etc.)and the air needs to be clean hence the air filter!

Stuart, no offence taken, each to his own. You're right about the weight saving, far better to use an all alloy engine rather than a pinto if I really wanted to be serious about weight saving. I just happen to like the carbon look and I needed an airfilter. I'm sure there were other ways around the problem but I couldn't find anything suitable or cheaper than the 40 quid it cost me from CBS.

Thanks for taking my comments in the light hearted way they were intended!

Guest Stuartl

Stuartl is only jealous 'cause ALL his shiney bits are always covered in Duckams/Castrol. :rolleyes:

Not for much longer Bob, engine and 'box will be out soon and offending seals and gaskets replaced!!

:) :) :)