2b Bottom Ball Joint Insertion

speedtripledan

How on earth can the bottom ball joints on a 2B work lose? i had to make a special tool to engage the the ball joint on all points and use a 3/4 drive ratchet bar 3ft long and some real effort to thread them in !

If anyone i know wants to borrow my special tool (for removing ball joints) let me know.

I have enough of the tube i used to make 2 more if if anyone wants one of there own..

Guest old_timbo

I think the balljoints were always meant to be 'shrunk' in, but on some wishbone 2B's this didn't work too well. When I changed my bent bottom wishbones I was alarmed to find the old ball joints loose and could just be removed by hand. The new wishbones came with joints ready fitted which were well tight.....I still dowelled them as well though.

Tim

Has anyone had ball joints come loose which had been pinned or lock-tabed? Changed mine during build 'cause the supplied & fitted ones were bone dry. Absolute pig of a job getting them out,presumeably hot fitted. New ones wound in easily, made & fitted lock tabs as we would have done on 60's minis. :unsure: