Scottish Members

Guest bigeein

Guest bigeein

Hi everyone ,

who in scotland has robin hoods. please get in touch

also if anyone has information on local clubs in the central belt please post contacts, web sites etc

many thanks

big Ian

Guest bigeein

Thanks for that ,

like the toung and cheek number with the england flag, the only advantage to being in scotland is that we have some of the best roads for fun and good views but the worst roads in the u.k for being filled with pot holes.

thanks again

the flying scotsman

Guest bigeein

Hi again ,

just went to join and become a member but there isn,t much point until january i would be paying a membership for 2 months then paying again a the start of the year so i,ll just wait

anyway i,ll sound the bugale again ,,

if your from scotland or scotland central belt area and you have a robin please get in touch with info . i.e. web sites local clubs etc.

cheers

BIG IAN

Hi Ian welcome to the site I'm in Dunfermline. Also Obecanobe(John), Angus & another couple of guys. PM me if you want to chat. you will find this site invaluable.

Andy

Guest bigeein

Thats grate just what i wanted to here ,

I also hail from fife kirkcaldy ,,,, up the raith , top of the table ,,, lol ,,,

thanks alot

hope you don,t mind i,ll add you as a friend

Guest bigeein

cheers andy ,

ive added you as a friend if you don,t mind . like,d obecanobe,s 2 b plus that is a tidy kit , wheels set it off well .. will keep in touch and chat some more have to go and do some work now .. cheers ..

big ian

hi all.

i am also from Funfermline (D) bought a 2b quite late in the year and never looked back cant wait to get tinkering over the winter ready for next summer.

(andy when's the zetec getting started need to get down see whats involved)

stuarty

Guest sadjagboy

Hi Ian,

I too am in Dunfermline, it must be something in the water. Still building my 2b but it's going to be on the road in Spring next year. Welcome to come and have a look. My advice would be not to buy a part built unless you take me with you to view it as I've probably experienced nearly every pit fall there is.

Regards

Angus

Guest bigeein

ahhh,, thats grate ,, angus ,,

thanks for that . because i haven,t seen any kit cars going around fife i wasn,t sure if there was anyone in fife with them . looks like there is more than i thought . Its grate to know that help is there and people are willing to give up a bit of there time to help out .

All i can say is A MASSIVE THANK YOU TO YOU ALL ... i would love to come over and have a look at your build that you have going on , thanks for that.

I am overawed right now with work commitments , i work awey from home and won,t be home for anuther 4 weeks . I,ll even be working through christmas and newyear uuuuuuhhhhhhhh......,,,,,,, .. BUT IT WILL HELP PAY FOR THE ROCKING ROBIN ,,,,,,, LOL ...

is there a fife hood club , and do you guys do track days since cockhill is up the frog and toad ,,, ... I know that knockhill is very expensive .....

in fact i would say overpriced ..... dick turpin types

Guest bigeein

hi stuarty ,,

good to here from you 2 . i take it all you guys are members of the club then, and members of the fife club ..

As for a part build i don,t think im gona go down that road ,,,,, simply don,t have the time to tackle that right now i.e. i started a patio 10 weeks ago and still haven,t layed a slab .i only get about 5 days home every 2 weeks

When i do get to getting my kit car {march april nxt year} i just want to make sure i get a good one at a fair price . I want to spend what little time i have driving it not building or fixing . I don,t want one in B.R.G. I DON'T LIKE THAT KIND OF PAINT JOB .

However after saying that ,, if i get the bug i may start a build from start later on , i do like the zero's .

I don,t want to sound like a pussy,,,, but is there a heater system in the robins or is it dependant on the build.

the wife gets cold esey .. well thats my excuse ...lol

Edited by big ian

Guest sadjagboy

Ian,

I would say the majority of Hoods I've seen have had heaters. The old mini heater is a fairly common fitment and I wouldn't think it will work any better in a Hood than in they did in a mini, but the amount of heat generated by the engine with no where to go but ito the cockpit will keep your feet warm at least. There's not a kit club in Fife, that I know of, but there is the Scottish Kit Car Club which meets at Grangemouth on the last Monday of the month, lots of Westies and a few Robin Hoods. The best place to see lots of kit cars is one of the big shows down South, Newarks is very good and Stoneliegh is excellent too, although it was a bit wet and cold this year!

This site is an amazing resource, keep an eye on the for sale section you might manage to pick up a very nice car from another member at a reasonable price. Don't work too hard!

Angus

Guest bigeein

angus,

thanks for that . thats set the cogs turning . so there isn't a large kit car meet in scotland ? ,, not even once a year? . to be honest im surprised ,,. with knockhill being near or , crail air field , or ingulstion or east fortune, there isn't a shortage of venues and thats just the ones off the top of my head .

as for the heater thing you can always work round that with good bike gear jacket and a hot water bottle lol . So are you guys members of the club in scotland ?

as for the working hard bit it comes in fits and bursts we get a fair bit of down time due to bad weather , weve been stuck in dock for 4 days but due to sail out 2moro morning .

just hope i don,t get stuck at sea due for crew transfer on monday night but if the swell height is 2 big we can't get off the boat

cheers big ian