Brake Lines

Guest mcramsay

Guest mcramsay

i want to re do the brake lines in my zero in braided stainless pipe, ( the flexable stuff) just for the neatness off the installatioin, plus the flares on all my brake lines need re doing due to using crap ebay equipment, has any body done this and know of a good supplier of hose and fittings? rally design sell the hose at 3 quid a meter which isnt too bad. but i have no idea what fittings i will need, any body know what thread the sierra calipers and master cylinder use? im using 3/16

" pipe currently

Edited by mcramsay

Guest chris brown

I wouldn't use rubber pipe throughout, braided or otherwise, always keep flexible lengths to a minimum. I also suspect the VOSA tester might not be too happy with you using it and might require written evidence that it is suitable for brakes when used in such lengths. Stick with semi ridged (kunifer) and P clip it in every 200 - 300mm.

Guest mower man

Hi my s7 has only 2 metal tube brake pipes all the rest are s/s braided ptfe pipe inc f to r and both front flexies from m/cyl no probs The pipes across the rear sub frame are kunifer and will be replaced poss over winter ok the car didn't go through IVA orSVA and I understand different testers or centres seem to have their own standards but if the stuff is better than std pipe and required/advised for comp use inc F1 why worry ,yes old type flexies did suffer in various ways but Ive not heard of any issues with Aeroquip pipes unless trapping or scuffing has taken place which would put Kunifer out of action any way no doubt others will disagree bring it on lets have agood old fashioned debate please 8P mower man

• 2 weeks later...
Guest phil howard

i want to re do the brake lines in my zero in braided stainless pipe, ( the flexable stuff) just for the neatness off the installatioin, plus the flares on all my brake lines need re doing due to using crap ebay equipment, has any body done this and know of a good supplier of hose and fittings? rally design sell the hose at 3 quid a meter which isnt too bad. but i have no idea what fittings i will need, any body know what thread the sierra calipers and master cylinder use? im using 3/16

" pipe currently

I used Goodridge hoses which I got via Ben at Luego cars...........it was very expensive but looks nice.

Photo's are on my blog