Sky+ Box Has Died

Guest The Modfather

Guest The Modfather

Standby light permanently on but shimmering, no HDD whiring, seems like a power failure.

Found several "fixes" on the www but none work. Rang Sky and done exactly the same "fixes" and still no joy. I could spend £65 for an engineer to come out and give me a refurbished box, yeah right!

Found one on Ebay for a fiver! Now that's service, hoody style :yahoo:

Guest Stuartl

Standby light permanently on but shimmering, no HDD whiring, seems like a power failure.

Found several "fixes" on the www but none work. Rang Sky and done exactly the same "fixes" and still no joy. I could spend £65 for an engineer to come out and give me a refurbished box, yeah right!

Found one on Ebay for a fiver! Now that's service, hoody style :yahoo:

You shouldn't need one Darren. With all the projects you have one the go you shouldn't have time to watch TV

:D :D :D

Guest steve8274

i thought the viewing card was programmed for your sky + box. didnt think it would work putting your card in another machine

sure i have tried this.

maybe (probably) wrong

steve

Guest The Modfather

Done the two button trick. For those that don't know you press and hold the left and right buttons on the machine and then plug the machine in and remain holding the buttons until the HDD light spins BACKWARD. Then let go and press SELECT on the machine.

***** IMPORTANT *****

This wipes the hard drive as it is reformatting it. You will lose everything that you have saved!

Anyway, I tried this, and another, and it remained dead. I now have another box on it's way.

If anyone needs advice on audio and video matters, go on the AV Forum. I used to be on there alot when I had my home cinema project going. You get Sky engineers and the like on there and their advice is freely given. It is a great wealth of knowledge, and you can get up to date info and tricks on all gadgets, links to free downloads and pdf's etc, great forum!

The card can be used in any machine, as we are currently using my old Sky box from my old house with Loz's card that has only ever been used in her Sky+ box.

LOL, I don't watch a great deal of TV, but you need to keep the wife happy so that I get garage passes! Being a hoody I thought you'd already know this????!!!!! :rolleyes:

Guest Stuartl

Done the two button trick. For those that don't know you press and hold the left and right buttons on the machine and then plug the machine in and remain holding the buttons until the HDD light spins BACKWARD. Then let go and press SELECT on the machine.

***** IMPORTANT *****

This wipes the hard drive as it is reformatting it. You will lose everything that you have saved!

Anyway, I tried this, and another, and it remained dead. I now have another box on it's way.

If anyone needs advice on audio and video matters, go on the AV Forum. I used to be on there alot when I had my home cinema project going. You get Sky engineers and the like on there and their advice is freely given. It is a great wealth of knowledge, and you can get up to date info and tricks on all gadgets, links to free downloads and pdf's etc, great forum!

The card can be used in any machine, as we are currently using my old Sky box from my old house with Loz's card that has only ever been used in her Sky+ box.

LOL, I don't watch a great deal of TV, but you need to keep the wife happy so that I get garage passes! Being a hoody I thought you'd already know this????!!!!! :rolleyes:

I am fortunate Daz in that she is happy for me to be in the garage so I dont moan at the tripe she watches!!

The only thing we watch together on replay is Come Dine With Me and Harry Hill and I just watch your colleagues in Evo's nicking people in Essex inbetween munching Chinese takeaways at the side of a busy road in Chigwell

:lol: :lol:

Guest Kingpin

It depends what package you have got. If you have Sky Sports and/or Movies, you'll have to get it "paired" with your box. A mate gave me his Sky+ box a couple of weeks ago when he upgraded to HD and I couldn't watch these until I phoned Sky to get it paired with my card.