Kit Spares

Guest gixerboy600

I like this forum becuase we all have our own opinion and are free to state what we want.

I am suppotive of GBS every query has been answered, every item bought has been delivered (eventually) and all build problems resolved. But as a quality and business improvment manager who has worked for many top brands in my opinion they should of waited for the site to be complete, parts, pitures and stock levels.

What is the purpose of a business, normally the answer is to make profit, but I would say to produce/sell what the customer needs/wants (very simple terms there's a lot more). If they can not meet this then yes they will fail. If people become disheartened with a website which is below par then they will loose faith and go somewhere else it is easier win new customers rather than try to persuade old customer to come back.

I have very high customer satisfaction criteria if a company lets me down once OK forgivable let me down twice then I move to another company (Just left Sky due to poor performance). Unless they have a unique item which is not available anywhere else but then you pay the price.

Give the site a chance, you can not make everyone happy and we all have our own expectations.

Quality is the answer, now what's the question?

Regards

Mark

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mower man

I'm a little sad with some of the comment that have been made about the website,have some of the people who are bad mouthing it been able to go through life not making any mistakes,bad descions ,not fullfillng projections etc ? Ithink not. Go to most motor industry out lets and you will find poor stocking levels ,promises not kept etc from people who have been in business a lot longer with far more resourses than Richard has had and can possibly only dream of, come on guys give the bloke a chance in my dealings with GBS I have had nothing to complain about at all,ok I live only about 10/12miles away from the factory an find it quicker to pop down and speak to them face to face ,I'm lucky but guys just think on a little regards mower man :good:

please guys dont think in any way i am having a pop at anyone , cos i ant

but think about it .

you guys with the older marks , s7 2b ect ,

where are you going to get bits if gbs arnt there ?

tom look at the car being built for stuart in spain that is nearing completion it says it all .its excelent!

we as rhocar need gbs to be there they have the pattens for the bits ,and they are able to produce the bits .

richard has distanced himself to a certain extent from the forum because i feel some of

the negative comments that have been made .my opinion.

if you dont know the guy , i dont feel you should comment on his motives . he just wants to build cars ,

if he makes a few quid doing it then good on him .

this is a real family affair its his sister that is doing the web site .

thought i would mention i have 2 of the most poorly designed cars ever to come out of rhsc.

just think of the investment required to get this off the ground ,

you want bits , you expect them to be immediately available, so they have to be in stock at gbs ,

that meens gbs have to purchase them , so a set of schockers £350 how many should they keep

how many sizes ?how many spring sizes and poundages . that is just one element of the stock .

guys think about it and try to be fair .

neck in stuart no offence intended to anyone . just trying to make the situation clear .

the web site isnt perfect at the mo thats clear . but think , its a new buisness

it needs revenue , a customer car built by the factory can bring in £13000.

thats real money , with that money further investment can be made ,

the guys running gbs are not like some of their forbearers they are not in it for the short time and are not looking to asset strip the company. as others have done .

cant think of anymore at the mo .

graham

Guest gixerboy600

O.K, Kind of wish I hadn't said anything now!!!

Many of you will know I am a supporter of GBS and ALL that they offer!!

I have been in professional sales for almost 15 years across multiple fields (Automotive, Areospace, Industrial, Construction) within the automotive industry I worked for the East Midlands largest Motor Factor and Wurth (a global leader), by far the worst customer service I have ever seen was with ....................................WURTH!!!! For me having worked for the worst GBS are a doddle!!! They may not be perfect but at least they are honest, decent and try to help those who support thier business.

(Rant over)

The one thing I, as a salesman, reward most of my customers is loyalty! They will get the best from me without asking purely because they deserve it, and if there is a problem I will do my damndest to sort it for them. All of which I have experienced from Richard, John, Jeremy, Keith and the team!!

I congratulate them on a job well done, yes the new web site needs a little work but I know from talking to them that they have struggled to get it to communicate with thier own software and it has taken a significant amount of time to upload each item.

As per previous post, Richard does distance himself from this forum because people post here slating or complaining before giving him the opportunity to put problems right or ask GBS the technical question on THIER product!!

Rant over again

Let the abuse reign in

Guest Stuartl

O.K, Kind of wish I hadn't said anything now!!!

Many of you will know I am a supporter of GBS and ALL that they offer!!

I have been in professional sales for almost 15 years across multiple fields (Automotive, Areospace, Industrial, Construction) within the automotive industry I worked for the East Midlands largest Motor Factor and Wurth (a global leader), by far the worst customer service I have ever seen was with ....................................WURTH!!!! For me having worked for the worst GBS are a doddle!!! They may not be perfect but at least they are honest, decent and try to help those who support thier business.

(Rant over)

The one thing I, as a salesman, reward most of my customers is loyalty! They will get the best from me without asking purely because they deserve it, and if there is a problem I will do my damndest to sort it for them. All of which I have experienced from Richard, John, Jeremy, Keith and the team!!

I congratulate them on a job well done, yes the new web site needs a little work but I know from talking to them that they have struggled to get it to communicate with thier own software and it has taken a significant amount of time to upload each item.

As per previous post, Richard does distance himself from this forum because people post here slating or complaining before giving him the opportunity to put problems right or ask GBS the technical question on THIER product!!

Rant over again

Let the abuse reign in

Ok, lets make my thoughts clear as I don't want to be labelled as somebody who has been 'bad mouthing' GBS and providing I am not provoked otherwise it will be my last comment on the topic as all that will happen is people will get wound up and forget the real reason we are all on this forum, for our love and enthusiasm for the cars we drive and tinker with. :)

My observations previously posted on here are my own opinions and nobody else's.

I look at the Kit Spares website as a potential customer for parts for my elderly Exmo and nothing else. Therefore whilst the opinion of some that the current team at GBS are doing a great job and have done this, that and the other in six months is fine this means nothing to me as I have no intention of buying a new kit, just looking at parts to maintain and upgrade the car I already own. If there are already too many improvements underway then the online shop should have been delayed until they had time to dedicate and get it right, after all, problems with the shop could attract negative feedback for the company and undo all the other good work that we have been hearing about!

Running a small business is hard. Bloody hard. I know, I have done so for nearly 18 years but what I do know is you are better off providing QUALITY over QUANTITY. If you cant do it 100% right then don't do it is the ethos I have.

I agree with Toritom that it seems any negative comments about GBS are frowned upon by many on here. Come on guys, whether you have experience in running your own business or not, common sense tells you that customer feedback is essential to progress your business into one that your customers WANT to be a part of rather than use as a last resort. Of course you will always get the clowns who complain about nothing but you learn to ignore those and listen to your client base and give the customer what they want and no matter how good you think you are, always remember that without customers you dont pay your mortgage each month.

I would also remind everyone who considers my comments now and in my previous posts to be negative that I did say

......." lets see how it goes "

i.e. not writing off the efforts of GBS but illustrating that I would be willing to try the site later on when it is a little more settled.

PS, my website is at the bottom of each post I send on Rhocar. I ALWAYS welcome constructive criticism on it as it helps me tune it to what my customers want to see so apologies if anything I have said has upset anybody but now's the chance to get your own back by ripping my website to shreds!!

:drinks: :drinks: :drinks:

Guys I don't know the full story & history of GBS like some stalwarts on here I'm not having a pop at the guys there, ive been on the phone to them a couple of times & they could not of been more helpful. I merely stated that the website wasn't what I expected after the big build up to it. I echo Toriitom & Stuartl's comments. My personal opinion is that they should of delayed the launch until it would of provided the same excellant & professional service that they provide personally from the factory. Im not going to say another word on the subject.

Andy

Guest oddsocks

I think everyone should just take a deep breath-things arent perfect(what is???) but are we forgetting that we're building kit cars. If you want perfection (as such) go down to your local garage and buy a ford. Not even uncle henry stocks everything,somethings have to be ordered. But isnt that part of kit car building????

The web site isnt perfect but i feel its more of a showcase of the present and future parts of GBS-new loom,dash etc... to make things easy for us novices to build a kit car. After all if theres something thats not on the web site is it so hard to pick up the phone and give them a call??? We've all got their number havent we? Just in case- 01623 860990

I live 200 miles away from GBS but i always pick up the phone and ask(as im sure richard would agree!) if i got a problem and not slate them on a public forum.

After all where would we be without the likes of richard and the rest of GBS? We wouldnt have this forum and there would be no 2b,zero's and what ever else your driving.

And try to remember that richard is only young and taken a big job on and so far i think he's been successful, so lets not slate him for his efforts but encourage him and the team.

After all i think if i designed cars i would be very proud.

Jamie

Guest Stuartl

I think everyone should just take a deep breath-things arent perfect(what is???) but are we forgetting that we're building kit cars. If you want perfection (as such) go down to your local garage and buy a ford. Not even uncle henry stocks everything,somethings have to be ordered. But isnt that part of kit car building????

The web site isnt perfect but i feel its more of a showcase of the present and future parts of GBS-new loom,dash etc... to make things easy for us novices to build a kit car. After all if theres something thats not on the web site is it so hard to pick up the phone and give them a call??? We've all got their number havent we? Just in case- 01623 860990

I live 200 miles away from GBS but i always pick up the phone and ask(as im sure richard would agree!) if i got a problem and not slate them on a public forum.

After all where would we be without the likes of richard and the rest of GBS? We wouldnt have this forum and there would be no 2b,zero's and what ever else your driving.

And try to remember that richard is only young and taken a big job on and so far i think he's been successful, so lets not slate him for his efforts but encourage him and the team.

After all i think if i designed cars i would be very proud.

Jamie

I cant see that anyone has slated GBS or anyone who runs it!

I agree wholeheartedly with CMA,s post above.

Toritom. You had several options with your 'constructive criticism'.

The first and most helpful would have been to email them privately to GBS. However you chose to write two longish posts on this thread.

As you say with your business history you know the importance of public image of a website. So why would you do that?

Yes, a company needs feedback to improve its products and services. If you are a friend tell them when something goes wrong. Make suggestions of ways that they can improve.

If you are a toxic friend tell the world. Dress it up with phrases like constructive criticism, for your own good, it's got to be said and suggestions of not wanting to offend if you will but it's still poisonous stuff. As you defend your first post with a second similar post then I presume that was your intention.

Constructive criticism broadcast openly is ridicule and hurtful. It's should be something done in strictest confidence.

Your friends can say outrageous things about you to your face and in private. In public they watch your back so you don't have to.

Nigel

Guest mower man

Deary me I opened my mouth again !! Nothing personal was meant in my earlier comments perhaps I paint with too broad a brush, the point I was trying to make is that not a lot of things like websites are right first time give it time and I'm sure it will improve just chill out a bit guys and remember the old addage "the man who never made a mistake never made owt" If Ihave wrinkled your skin I apologise regards mower man :cray: :sorry: :crazy:

Guest Stuartl

Deary me I opened my mouth again !! Nothing personal was meant in my earlier comments perhaps I paint with too broad a brush, the point I was trying to make is that not a lot of things like websites are right first time give it time and I'm sure it will improve just chill out a bit guys and remember the old addage "the man who never made a mistake never made owt" If Ihave wrinkled your skin I apologise regards mower man :cray: :sorry: :crazy:

I took no offence at what you said Mick!

The only people who seem to have taken offence are those on here who throw their toys from the pram the moment anyone dares to utter anything other than huge praise for GBS.

NOBODY has 'slated' GBS as has been claimed, people have just raised valid and well justified points about the website.

NOBODY has been nasty about the owners or the business but on the other hand those who have merely aired their opinion (myself included) have been the subject of some unnecessarily strongly worded responses.

Had people come on here and said stupid things like 'the website is crap, useless, trashy etc' then that would have been a bit o.t.t. but nobody has done that and I think the responses from some people are ridiculous when people have the right to voice their opinion providing their views do not fall into the usual PC guidelines that we should all try and keep to.

Guest gixerboy600

O.K

I started this thread with good intentions!!!!

To raise awareness that GBS have finally managed to launch the Kit Spares site and to congratulate them for doing so!!

In light of how negatively this has been recieved in some instances and how readily a supposedly united and focussed club has become such a farce I feel inlined to join Alan in his protest!!!

I recall such pointless and childish bickering at school, at least I did not pay good money to be a part of that, just a victim!!!

Sorry Guys, I have made a few good friends here but as Jamie pointed out, without GBS we would not have our cars, and for your info, on the kit spares site 2B's, S7's, 3A's etc are all catered for!!!

Enjoy the club guys (2B owners)

Sick of reading this crap now!!!

Apologies for being a Zero owner.

John (fellow Alan)