Crazy Loom...

Guest cerioli_83

Guest cerioli_83

Hhheeelllppp!!!!

Hello all that read this cry for help,

I brought a 2b+ a few months ago now and after spending what must be close to half what I paid for the car in bits, dyno's and shiny things... I have left what people said i should sort out first! Well I enjoyed just jumping in and driving...

Now I have indicators that do nothing (started hazards came on when I indicated, then nothing), an alarm system that's stopped working, brake lights that don't do anything, a fog light that stays on and a rats nest that I've been frightened to go near.

The loom was a mess when I got the car, I started to tidy it up a bit, but I went away for a couple of months, leaving the car out in the rain, then on return things have gone beyond my skills. So I've looked for professional aid... But would rather go to someone suggested by people on here or for my hard earned beers tokens to go to someone that would put those beer tokens into a Robin Hood, hobby or something... Rather than the taxman's holiday found.

I'm looking for someone willing or knows someone willing to tidy my loom up for me, with some intervention from me and to teach me how to look after the loom myself in the future.

Thanks anyone able to help.

Guest cerioli_83

Oh,

Forgot to mention Christmas... My beer tokens would ease Christmas money issues too, although I am away from 06Dec-23Jan... Taking tin top. So if it's too much to sort out before then I could leave it garaged and sort it at the end of Jan.

If your car has been "left in the rain" & it was a mess before plus you are willing to throw some money at it; it would probably be best to start with a new loom; 'cause sorting all your issues may take 2 or 3 days head scratching even for a vehicle electrician.

Guest john.camfield

Hi

I am having the same issues, bird nest and other wires all over the place !!!

How easy is it to wire a new loom in (bearing in mind my electrical skills are useless)

and which loom to get I hear premier looms are good, but what are they like to fit ?

sealine

Guest cerioli_83

I've owned 2 classic mini's, one for 6yrs... MGB GT and a MG B roadster. Been fine with working out their looms, this is just totally different kettle of fish though!

Had a call from Gaz, so I think I'm going to be more than sorted now. I'll post on here any issues I had. Once I find out what loom I have and what my plan of action is, that'll be up here too! Thanks for the help everyone... I hope I can help out in the future!

Cheers,

Stephen

I'll add to the start again from scratch argument. I had similar issues to you with the GTM - the wiring always looked a bit frightening so whilst it worked I left well enough alone. When something finally went duff and I had to actually do something with it I spent a few evenings trying to simply find and fix the problem before throwing my hands up in disgust and pulling it all out. I then took a Mini loom to use as a basis for a replacement and wasted more time by trying to unwrap as little as possible (some wires that go forwards in the Mini need to go backwards in the GTM). Once again it turned out to be far faster to simply unwrap the whole thing and then re-wrap once all the wires were heading in the right direction.

Iain