What Makes A Good Car Show

Guest Spencer Griffiths

Guest Spencer Griffiths

As you will have seen I am planning a car show for next year. As I am in the early stages of organisation it would be really helpful for peoples comments on what makes a good one day local car show? I can then feed these into our planning meetings.

Many thanks

Spencer

Spencer,

My numble opinion;

1. As above weather is important unless you have a warehouse.

2. Plenty of notice, secure the dates early check whats on in the area don't clash with another show or if near a sports venue stay away.

3. Toilets sound simple but some local events have none, share or not enough.

4. Food reasonably priced - i approach a local truck stop burger a few years back in my area and they were glad for the business.

5. Advertise nataionally, local and surrounding counties, including caravan/camping sites, cadet forces, schools, local St Johns ambulance (first aid cover tick in the box)etc.

6. Goodies - car stickers or pens with car show name and year, free entry into prize draw (local firm sponsorship) or award best club/best car etc.

7. Cars - sounds daft but get some confirmed/garanteed attendees.

8. Well sign posted on the day.

9. Marshalls/guides - to help and provide assistance.

10. Joint venture - have it the same day as fairground, market, car booty etc in the next field one location two events more interest to a wider audience.

Quick attempt there are many more I'm sure. Let me know were and I'll try to get some work in the area.

Best of luck regards

Mark

Guest cerioli_83

A massive building, a massive selection of completely different kits, replica's and classics...

But i have an idea i think might make the day even better... Weekend event, free camping, large BBQ set up (bring your own food) and free beer! Be a way of getting different clubs to intergrate and share stories/experiances.

Stephen

Spencer, have a look at www.stmarysmotorshow.co.uk.

The Essex kit car club have been there for the past couple of years, they do it well for a school and may be able to give you some pointers.

They have classic, kit and modified cars as well as main stream dealers, auto jumble and some craft stands.

If the entrance to the school is via Cotswold road you will need signs by Squirrels Heath rd junction and possibly Upland court and Recreation road.

One problem you may have is that the Newark show is on the same weekend, I have already had members in my club pull out as they always camp at Newark

Edited by Snapperpaul