Pinto Efi Throttle Cable Bracket

peter_m7uk

Hi,

I'm in the process of sorting a bonnet bulge at the moment, as my EFi engine is a little too tall. It would be useful to cut down the bracket which holds the throttle cable (see pic), but there is a slot and hole on the right hand side which is clearly there for a reason, but I don't know what! :unsure: I don't think it was used on the donor Sierra, but can't remember for definite. So can I hack the right-hand side of that bracket off, so that the bonnet bulge fits more elegantly?

Cheers,

Pete B)

post-1247-035416900 1290822753_thumb.jpg

Guest cerioli_83

Hi,

Just looked on mine, it's been cut off. I have throttle cable running through left hand slot. I'm assuming it would've been the choke cable at some point... Well a guess!

Cheers

Stephen

Guest chris brown

Bracket for kickdown cable when auto box is fitted. I cut it off as it caught on the bonnet (cut down plenum). I also cut off the extra length on the throttle spindle which held the quadrant to operate the cable.

post-746-065875400 1290872237_thumb.jpg

Bracket for kickdown cable when auto box is fitted. I cut it off as it caught on the bonnet (cut down plenum). I also cut off the extra length on the throttle spindle which held the quadrant to operate the cable.

Thanks for all the replies, guys :drinks: The bracket has now been chopped :D

I'm nosey, though, I'm afraid, Chris! Just out of interest, what did the kickdown cable do?? Did it blip the throttle somehow when you change the autobox down? Also, I see that your quadrant is silver - Is there a metal one on some models, or did you paint it? It's just that my plastic one is cracked and a metal one would make a smart replacement...

Pete :D

Guest chris brown

Just out of interest, what did the kickdown cable do?? Did it blip the throttle somehow when you change the autobox down? Also, I see that your quadrant is silver - Is there a metal one on some models,

Pete :D

The kickdown cable was connected to the g/box and when the throttle was opened quickly to full throttle (i.e. when overtaking) then it changed the box down a gear but did nothing under normal driving.

Yes there is an ally replacement for the plastic quadrant well at least there was 8 years ago when I broke my plastic one.

The kickdown cable was connected to the g/box and when the throttle was opened quickly to full throttle (i.e. when overtaking) then it changed the box down a gear but did nothing under normal driving.

Yes there is an ally replacement for the plastic quadrant well at least there was 8 years ago when I broke my plastic one.

Ok, ta. Did you get the replacement from a Ford dealer, or is it aftermarket??

Pete