-19 Last Night

speedtripledan

my brother in law came back from work in derby in the small hrs this morning as he came up the hill into our village his car was showing -19 ?? !! My brothers van wouldn't start this morning his diesel had frozen took 3 hrs before it was warm enough to start it..

Ive had enough of this now .... think i might move to spain do you need an olive picker and wine maker stewart ?

Be fair - where or when have I ever said the weather here is perfect. :search:

These last few days 16 provinces have been on yellow alert for rain and wind.

As I type, the TV news is showing terribly sad pictures of peoples homes being inundated and left with a metre or more brown sludge or tide mark. :(

Tonight, is one of the main fiestas of the year in our village [in another topic Escobazos, a little while ago].

Well, it is absolutely p1$$1ng down, windy and a tad chilly (not by UK standards tho´)!

The organisers and those for whom the tradition is an essential part of their life will turn out. :fool:

Our daughter and son-in-law have come down from Madrid specially.

We all agree it will be a quiet night in; yes I know, bunch of wimps! :blush:

We rarely get frosts or snow, but the exception occurred last week, right in the middle of the olive harvest - overnight temp down to -5C and flurries of snow.

Put on a few layers and a boiler suit thingy and got stuck in. :spiteful:

However, there are times in mid-August that we are unable to work outside for more than half an hour and that in the early morning.

Temperatures around the 40C mark debilitate us remarkably quickly. :crazy:

Don´t get me wrong; we love it here, and did our research, visiting many parts of Spain.

We chose this area for natural beauty, reasonable climate most of the time (rarely extreme) and good road link to Madrid.

We also have air conditioning and central heating and wood burning fire! :good:

Incidentally, my daughter and son-in-law live close to Madrid for work.

They do not enjoy the regular extremes of weather there; often 45C in summer, window scraping every morning in winter. :vava:

Any way, save up your "beer tokens", not exchanging them all for beer; work out a retirement strategy; and go research a destination. :search:

You may end up where you are, or somewhere completely different, like we did!

i love it really ! went to blackpool today and not a stitch of snow seem to be in the middle of the worst of it not inc scotland