Double Rant

Guest peter2b2002

Guest peter2b2002

Rant 1 ,totally pd off, 5 weeks ago a friend said as I was now looking for a job, (having been off work after a stroke and now got most of the work done on our new house)call the Jobseekers help line, this I did, spoke to a nice chap who took all my details, savings /pentions ISA ,infact all and everything about both my wife's and my finances, after he did some checks his end he said go down to my local Jobcentreplus to sign on, this I did, the girl there went through all the paper work again to double check all was OK giving my the thumbs up, she said the paper work would be sent to Walsall and any payments would go into my bank account :D

Had a letter this morning saying they wwere not going to make any jobseekers payments as I had missed some class 1 contributions (the year I had a stroke and not working)

I have just called the Walsall help line only to be told I won't be getting anything because of my wife's pention, even though they new about it when I first made my aplication

Rant 2 , looked on line at Argos for a small DAB radio, saw the were offering 5% off if you traded in a FM radio, great I thought , still got a little radio from Le Mans 3 years ago, took into my local Argos , no can do she said it's too small GRRRRRRRRRRRR

(the radio that is) Merry Cristmas

bar humbug Argos and Jobseekers

peter2b

Guest gixerboy600

RE Rant 1:-

The problem you have is that you are stupid enough to have worked, paid tax, saved and been a good boy!! I had similair problem this year!!

There are two types of JSA, Contributions based and Income based, if you have worked they put you on contributions based (but you can't claim any other benefit) oh and your own NI contributions pay for your JSA, so you are paying your own benefit!!!

Then Income based, where you have no NI accumilated and you can claim for the lot (but partners income is taken into account)

Basically low life tosser = get the lot

Worked and need a little support = sod off and don't come to us until you die!!

Rant over (for now)

Guest robinj66

Peter - you need to go back to Argos and tell them to honour their offer. Just had a look online and all it says id you have to trade in an analogue radio and buy a DAB for less than £80.

There is no mention of any size of radio to be traded.

Guest peter2b2002

I send an email to thier customer complant dept. had a call back 1 hr later from Argos head office saying sorry, thay are going to get in touch with my local branch to tell them off & refund :yahoo:

peter2b

Also, make sure you have a fully paid up mortgage when you retire. (that would be nicerolleyes.gif )

If you rent a property, council or private, and you have a private pension, you will NOT get housing benefit, they will take the rent from your pension.

But the scrot who lives next door who has never worked will get his rent paid by the state.