Iva And Exhaust Wrap

Guest Spencer Griffiths

Guest Spencer Griffiths

Just looked at the Kit car mag feature on the Zero IVA and I take it that you don't need any exhaust wrap or manifold heat protection for IVA? My long term plan is to get the manifold Cermakromed at Camcoat but with finances tight that will have to wait until a winter hibernation. I am just going to polish up the manifold for the time being.

Spencer

Guest Sharky

Following on from Spencer and Dinger's posts, I am going for Cermakrome finish on the headers as I am none too keen on rag-wrapping (if truth be told its the metal tie wraps that hold it all in place that I don't really like)

As I have a Zetec, I am also fitting a Lambda sensor, so has anyone got any ideas/photos of what has got through IVA test for protrusions please?

Cheers

Sharky

Guest robinj66

how much does professional coating cost?

It will vary depending on the amount of pipes etc, what they are made from and (more importantly) what condition they are in ( do they need de-rudting etc) but a 4 pot set of headers would be a couple of hundredd pounds. Best to contact Cam coat and have a chat with them. I've seen the results from some of my Cobra mates and I want to get my headers done when I have the dosh