Atom On Top Gear.

Guest Chutney

I cant help it but I wasn't a fan of the new Atom.

Don't get me wrong. It looks great, goes like stink and is an awesome piece of engineering but what's the point?

I thought an Atom was a light little thing with an engine, steering and brakes. If I had one, I would want every piece of computer whizzardry turned off apart from whats necessary to ignite fuel.

If you tried to drive this car without all the gimmicks, it would be practically impossible. Just too much power and gadgetry.

Guest Chutney

Yeah- agree with all of the above. Did look abit like an rc car with the mahoosive wing on it, and who's gonna give 150 grand for it.

I thought the supercharged type r version was far more sensible.

Yeah- agree with all of the above. Did look abit like an rc car with the mahoosive wing on it, and who's gonna give 150 grand for it.

I thought the supercharged type r version was far more sensible.

:laugh: It comes to something when someone describes an Atom as sensible :laugh:

People will pay 150k because of the time it set around Dunsfold. It's set to be the "must have" now for the Mr Rich.

If it was me, and i had the cash, or a large enough overdraft !, i'd get an Ultima GTR.

Half the price and still 2 seconds quicker than the atom.

I still don't know why Top Gear dont let it on the show, i guess it might be because nothing other than dedicated racers will get anywhere near it.

Its a good advertisement for British engineering though.