Wheel Offset (zero)

femster87

If you use these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290494606123&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT then you don't need to change your studs. These bolt to your standard studs.

Just ordered a set over the phone, seems like a really nice guy, said they should be here tommorrow.

I will let you know.

Certainly look good Ian, but 24mm thick billet steel!! gonna be a lot of unspung weight added. :unsure:

Guest Ian & Carole

Hi Bob

I can live with that.

It is never going to be a racing car just a nice semi - quick tourer.

The reason I have gone so wide is.. the new exhaust is a little too close to the inside of the left hand rear tyre as it goes over the drive shaft.

My alloys are a lot lighter than the steel Sierra ones would have been so should be OK.

The guy on the phone said he had sold loads of these to kit builders.

Fair do's Ian,would be good to know weight of these,my GBS alloys were heavier than the Sierra's steel,changed them for minilite copies by Ford; for concentric running I turned up a steel sleeve to fit the draft of the 25mm spacers,hub centre & wheel centre (so I could fit mudguards to hubs) & longer studs;one less set of nuts to check. :good:

Guest Ian & Carole

Hi Bob

Just arrived 2.1 kg each so not too bad.

Once I shake off a bit of this flu I will get them fitted to see how much clearance I have around the exhaust now.

i fitted some of those hub spacers with the additional bolts to my boss's landrover 110(black) years ago. They were pretty big - i think 2inch thick. Not sure i ever fully trusted them on such a large vehicle. won't be quite so bad on a hood as the hubs are taking far less weight than standard anyway.

Its interesting they have gone for ET15 on the zero, my 2b is ET38 (although iam running ET40 which fit perfectly). Weird as they are both sierra hubs?! guess its just the placement of the arches that they've moved.

If you look for the multi PCD alloys (i got a set of these off ebay for a steal My wheels) then you shouldn't have a problem. although i had to buy 'tuner' wheels nuts which were thin enough to go down the second smaller set of holes.

hth