38 In A 30 Zone

Andi

Whilst carrying some life saving organs to the hospital, and badly needing the toilet, in a stretch of road that was 40 then changed to 30,

with an aggressive driver 2" behind me and my wife giving birth in the hospital, and my new tires fouling the speedo. And a badly calibrated

safety camera van.

Cant think of anything else excl.gif

Got a N.I.P for doing 38 in a 30 zone. Hands up, guilty as charged.vava.gif

Am I right in thinking, for a first offence you can pay £60 and go on a safety driving course and not get points if the speed offence was LESS than 38 mph?

Andi

Guest holmestr1972

I think it is different depending on what county you live in!!!!!!!!

My brother got caught in bucks 1st offence/day in a classroom and my mate got caught in northants 1st offence-fine and 3 points

confused.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Larson250

Hey up Andi,

They do the speed awareness course in our county, but I would expect that the "offer" of would be within the NIP.

However they may send it once you have returned the relevant paperwork.

Not a 100% sure.

Dean

I got caught by one of those bloody Gatso machines last month.

If i'd still got my Landrover i'd of had an "accident" with it.... possibly twice to make sure!!

:aggressive: :aggressive: :aggressive: :aggressive: :aggressive: :aggressive: :aggressive: :aggressive: :aggressive: :aggressive: :aggressive:

37 in a 30 and got the choice of £60 fine + 3 points or a speed awareness course for £75+ VAT. :shok:

No brainer really especially when you take into account having to take time off work to go and be bored

sh!tless listening to some tree hugger with no ananoids speeling on about speed kills, Mahkayyy!!!

Give me the points i say, first time ever been done in 22 years of driving.

Scrap all speed cameras and give the money to the fire brigade. Can't believe the cuts they're having to make

to the workforce in Notts fire service.

Sorry..... ranting now aren't i? :diablo:

Guest Ian & Carole

I got caught by one of those bloody Gatso machines last month.

If i'd still got my Landrover i'd of had an "accident" with it.... possibly twice to make sure!!

:aggressive: :aggressive: :aggressive: :aggressive: :aggressive: :aggressive: :aggressive: :aggressive: :aggressive: :aggressive: :aggressive:

37 in a 30 and got the choice of £60 fine + 3 points or a speed awareness course for £75+ VAT. :shok:

No brainer really especially when you take into account having to take time off work to go and be bored

sh!tless listening to some tree hugger with no ananoids speeling on about speed kills, Mahkayyy!!!

Give me the points i say, first time ever been done in 22 years of driving.

Scrap all speed cameras and give the money to the fire brigade. Can't believe the cuts they're having to make

to the workforce in Notts fire service.

Sorry..... ranting now aren't i? :diablo:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: famous last words maybe :search: :search: bring it on 43 years and 1 speeding fine in '74

wedding cars are really slow though !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PMSL rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

About twenty years ago I was speeding in a 30 zone I won't say what speed I was doing, but I was going far to quick for the area. When I saw a car pulling up to a t junction just of to my right and I thought I know that car, unmarked CID. Needless to say they followed me, but by the time they got behind me I had slowed to 30, they then pulled me. I was ready for the book to be thrown at me, when the officer said he knew I was speeding but they didn't know what my speed was. So they checked the car and my details, all ok and they told me to slow down. As I pulled out onto the main road, followed by the police car, another car over took us both while we where doing 30, so the police car overtook me, put on his blue lights and went after the car.

At the bottom of the hill was the police car with the other cars driver in the back seat.

Obviously, I was extremely stupid then and extremely fortunate.

This was before speed bumps and most counties had speed cameras.

Now on my way into work I pass two fixed speed cameras.

Mark

Last time I got done before this one was in 1996 from then to 2008 I drove 80000 miles a year. I then got done on a camera van (I really hate them SS Nazi @) give me a boring coarse any day!

The bit that grates on me is when I got done I had to drive 240000 miles before they were off normal bloke might do 30000 or less the odds of me being done are therefore greater. Yet 1 nick and no crashes...and a fair bit of bombing along in some quick cars and on some very quick bikes luck or judgement or both ?if speed kills I should be dead poor driving skill and poor judgement kills but how do you police that? Cameras don,t see it

Rant over !

Guest The Modfather

Cameras never see what is necessary. I totally agree that they should be around schools etc but some camera sites seem strange. They can only be placed where there has been X amount of RTA's, so the schools never get them, but fast roads seem to be the higher percentage of placement. Speed can kill if used in the wrong place and by bad drivers. As an advanced pursuit driver I know that I have driven at high speed in 30 zones and never crashed, but that is because of my training. People who crash are driving beyond their ability. If you read the road properly and know what to do and when to do it you should never collide with anything.

I don't condone speeding of course, but neither do I agree with poorly sited cameras. A camera will never differentiate between when its safe to drive above the limit and when its not, but that's why they're used. It will always be a sore subject.

Bits of road where there have been the requisite number of crashes to justify a camera are surely inherently dangerous. There's something wrong with the design, signing, visibility or some other aspect of it. Rather than stick a camera on it the authorities should investigate to determine the problem which causes the crashes and fix it! Any other course of action is negligent IMO.

Like the roundabouts where the roads join at too great a tangent so if you look right, after the car in front has moved off, to see approaching traffic and find your gap, you loose the car in front from your peripheral vision and drive into his back cos he stopped. There's one of those that takes a daily toll of cars near me and nothing is done.

Nigel

On this particular stretch of a dual carriage way, its a "community concern site" and so does not

have a mobile camera due to a high number of accidents.

Strangely enough though, there is no community (that live there anyway) just factory units.